Dragonredairsoft Replica Ops-Core FAST ballistic helmet

The replica helmet in the photos isn't mine. I simply borrowed it to test. My own real Carbon FAST Helmet is Tan. This allows me to change the color and pattern. Furthermore I can paint a tan cover more of a DCU or any other pattern should I so desire. As First-Spear's site puts it: "Perfect for changing your helmet’s pattern, preserving its finish and dampening noise during impact." I also see this as being attractive to other people who have the Base Jump Military and Sport Helmets. Those helmets have a really noticeable satin sheen finish to them that looks a little distracting. They can put these covers on their Base Jump helmets for a reduced signature look. Now if YOU see no value in these covers, that's your prerogative. These helmets are made from genuine milspec 4 way stretch NanoSphere treated materials. Per yardage cost on these materials is surprisingly high compared to off the shelf materials. Could it have been done cheaper with zero R&D, cheaper materials, in mainland China with lower labor costs. Absolutely. Did they skimp on materials, quality of the product or have this made outside of the US? No, they did not. Sometimes you pay a little extra for quality. I would have hoped you'd appreciate that. Looking at your forum signature you buy some pretty expensive airsoft accessories and products ... Inokatsu M4s, Prime parts ... many could argue with you that you spend stupid amounts of money on a product that doesn't really yield much better end results than some ACM products available out there. I'm guessing you have it in you to appreciate quality when you see it. I hope so at least.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Extraordinaire:

Yeah I can see that. I was thinking more reflective properties for IR light? I know fabric can be treated to reduce the reflectivity, but not sure about a helmet.

Also, feedback for those locaps I sold you would be appreciated :D

uscmCorps:

Yeah I didn't mean to come off as an *albatross*.

I just saw the price for the covers. I mean, I've bought covers before, for instance a reversible MARPAT one from eBay for an LWH and a Tactical Tailor one many years ago for a MICH 2000. Always on the order $30 or so, certainly not ACM. I just wanted to know what made these so special.

Yes I do appreciate quality.

Edited by slu

I just saw the price for the covers. I mean, I've bought covers before, for instance a reversible MARPAT one from eBay for an LWH and a Tactical Tailor one many years ago for a MICH 2000. Always on the order $30 or so, certainly not ACM. I just wanted to know what made these so special.

Yes I do appreciate quality.

Well, these are stretchy fabric(better fitment for the helmet) and have velcro sewn onto them that also shares the Multicam pattern. That's something you don't see everyday.

Also cut to allow use of the NVG mount without modification.

-Ex

Edited by Extraordinaire
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you seen the Hybrid cover?

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17628&cat=270&page=1

Borrowed someone's Replica Ballistic Helmet.

Confirmed. The real M/L covers DO fit the Replica M/L Ballistic Helmets from DragonRedAirsoft:

If you have a real M/L Carbon or Base Jump helmet, you should get the S/M helmet cover. I confirmed that size cover fits those helmets on my own real Carbon helmet. AS for the replica Carbon/Base Jump Helmet I'm not 100% sure if it'd fit (as I don't have one), but logically it should.

Again, this is NOT an endorsement for the replica helmets ... the question was asked if these covers fit, the answer has been given. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine relatively fast, but it's generally hit and miss once it gets passed from EMS into USPS' hands. Sometimes it just decides to go the slowest possible route. If it has cleared US customs, which in your case it sounds like it has, you're at the mercy of USPS.

I got mine relatively fast, but it's generally hit and miss once it gets passed from EMS into USPS' hands. Sometimes it just decides to go the slowest possible route. If it has cleared US customs, which in your case it sounds like it has, you're at the mercy of USPS.

I chose to have this shipped registered mail instead of EMS to save money. Usually registered mail out of HK is still pretty fast (2 weeks max), but out of PRC, it's incredibly slow. This package didn't get scanned in America until 14 April.

I'm not sure it has been through customs. The tracking does not indicate it has cleared customs at any step. Maybe it missed a few scans, but I've never had a package enter the US at Kearney, NJ. It could be possible that it's gone to Chicago to go through customs, though that seems very roundabout.

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone considering buying this, Dragonred ships out of mainland China (PRC), not Hong Kong. I would not suggest any shipping method other than Express. I repeat: use Express.

I placed an order on March 26th for one of these helmets. It is currently stuck in USPS limbo with no tracking update since the 18th of April. I can't start a claim. In fact, I have no recourse but to hope that Dragonred listens to my emails and starts a claim with China Post. Even if they can be motivated to do that, China Post itself is a shitshow.

I repeat, use express.

This really sucks. I'm going to have to start a Paypal claim to get my $136 back. I wonder if Dragonred would ever sell to me again if I win that claim. I really want that helmet.

Edited by slu

Oh man, that blows. Really sorry to hear that. My buddy had a similar situation when he ordered some batteries recently from HobbyKing. Wanted to save some coin on shipping, he went with regular mail, which in the end did show up, but it took the absolute slowest and non-direct route possible bouncing around from continent to continent. Hoping everything gets resolved on your end to your satisfaction. Please keep us updated. Good luck!

http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_45&products_id=1297

Same helmet as DragonRed; a little more $ but at least it'll ship from this continent.

Wow thanks. They're reliable and ship to the US? Had I known about that I would've just bought from them instead.

Their selection is better than almost all US airsoft retailers.

Slu - check out NW Airsoft Outlet. I think they are carrying the Emerson/Dragon Red Helmets

Please note: The Emerson and DragonRedAirsoft helmets are NOT the same manufacturer and most definitely not the same quality. The $90-$115 helmets at DRA are made by Element/Ideal. The Emerson helmets are good for the asking price in Asia, just as the DragonRedAirsoft higher-end ones are good for their asking price. The NW Airsoft Outlet ones. Are a bit overpriced IMO, and the fact that they're based in the USA and selling unauthorized replica helmets ... Pretty risky on their part.

The Dragonred/Airsoftdepot FAST are the same helmets from the same manufacturer (IDEAL) and made of several layers of fiberglass (hence the "higher-end"). IDEAL also makes a cheaper versions of the FAST helmets (all three versions: bump/carbon/ballistic) which are injection molded ABS plastic also very much like the Emerson/FMA versions.

Also shipping from Airsoftdepot is like $20-$25 USD to New York. I know because I asked and purchased one, the owner of that shop is also a member of another airsoft forum.

If you are to get the FAST Helmet replicas, go for the DragonRed/AirsoftDepot version, you won't regret it.

Thanks all. I heard back from the proprietor of AirsoftDepot as well, additionally confirming he ships to the States. I wish I knew before placing the order with DragonRed, I would've had the helmet for about a month now.

Once I get this shipping mess sorted out, I'll put in a order to AirsoftDepot.

I removed em from where they were stitched and flipped em. I did cut about one inch of webbing from one of the ends so it evened up the alignment of the hardware when adjusted. Just restitched it temporarily. Itll hold up but ill need to redo the stitching so its more durable. Key thing thogh is that its doable. I wear between a size 7 3/8 to 7 1/2 on a fitted hat. Luckily the webbing was long enough for my face with the thick top padding installed. If i need to use ear pro, ill use the thin padding.