best GBBR Receiver for MK18 build?

Finbarqs

I've got both VFC (mk18) and INOK (SOPMOD M4), i'd say while the VFC receiver is nice (and a LOT more wallet friendly) but not as well finished as the INOK's, and they done it matt.

And you can get a real steel colt upper just like Slu just said.. and ironically, it's usually cheaper....

How are you defining the "best", just the markings?

The PRIME receiver is great if you want to use a real upper - you do have to make some destructive modifications to the upper and the cuts needs to be fairly precise if you want a good fit. You also have to use an attachment to the end of bolt carrier as some carriers are designed for the shorter receivers. I don't mind it at all, but some don't like that extra piece.

i so heard VFC lowers would accept real uppers without modification?

Really?

I mean, it also works for Prime-length receivers. The problem isn't the receiver itself, but the bolt catch won't fit without either modding the bolt catch or the upper.

I guess the real challenger now is to find a shop with a mk18 prime lower receiver! Thanks guys!

That will be a tough call. Prime stopped making those a couple of year ago, so your best bet is second hand. But it's no doubt the best for a Mk 18 clone: you'll notice the Prime Mk 18 lower is an A1 lower, which is correct for the NSW weapons. CQBRs would be most likely on M4 lowers.

You also need to modify the front a bit as the barrel socket won't fit - this is the harder of the two cuts. There might be a few stores that still have them in stock, but they won't sell them separately. Maybe you might find someone that just wants the upper and share the costs?

Surely you can't do that in the UK? Or can you?

Nope, Can't do. Her Majesty's law enforcement considers the entire receiver and/or slide/frame assembly as gun / firearm. So, if you own a real steel M4A1 upper, it's 'illegal ppossession of firearms. '

And you can't purchase real steel part's even as small as flash hiders from the states because of the ITAR regulations. Unless it's premitted by the goverment.

Boomarms seems to have the whole receiver set available, you could sell the upper to someone who wants to build another upper set etc.

http://www.boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm/id/PRIME-MB-WA-MK18/curr_code/USD

If the link doesnt work, google boomarms and search for prime mk18. Should be the first one on the list.

Seems to be the only way to get the lower for you.

The internet site is super slow/demanding, so reserve some time if you go shopping :P

Boom Arms are good. I wouldn't go as far as saying they are reliable as ordering from them is a bit hit and miss. If they decide to process your order, excellent. Otherwise, can be a bit of a hassle. They might need a few e-mails to pester them. They're certainly trustworthy. I can't speak as to their trademark procedure though.

That's what scares me... that hassle i might have to encounter... but if it's the only way, I may just have to bite... Now, I just gotta figure out who's gonna make a bolt stop that's similar to a RS system so I can just drop it in to the prime lower :)

?

I would also explicitly ask Boom Arms if they actually have any of those in stock before ordering.

Archived