Marushin Mossberg M500 6mm, 3 shots?

BerserkDS

Hey guys,

I just picked up a Marushin Mossberg M500 6mm recently, and it fires 3 bb's per shot. Doesnt the 6mm version of this shotgun shoot 5 bb's per shot?

I took the gun apart, and see that there is a pin pressure fitted in the middle of the chamber so that it holds only 3 shots. in theory if this pin is removed (would have to drill it out) it will hold the 5 shots.

another thing, with it only being able to fire 3 shots, at a capacity of 150 rounds, I am able to get 50 shots fired total. BUT, the gun doesnt hold enough gas to fire 50 shots.

also, I noticed this gun has horrible accuracy. i took it apart, cleaned it, and still it shoots everywhere but your target.

Im really confused, can anyone help me out please. thanks!

- Yes, originally it shoots 5 BBs per shot. If yours is second hand it's been modified.

- You should have enough gas to shoot all 150 BBs. Load time is extraordinarily long because the reservoir is quite big, so keep the gas bottle there for 30-40 secs.

- The main problem of the gun is that it doesn't have any kind of hop. I'm thinking ways to modify one and add a fixed but adjustable hop. As soon as I can get to it I'll post the results and process.

When you remove that pin to bring it back to 5 rounds per load, remember to plug it up with something because gas is going to leak out of that hole.

The 6mm version doesn't have hop, but the 8mm's do:

http://tech.airsoftcanada.com/Marushin/Marushing%20M500_1.gif

It's not at all hard to add a hop on yours, however it means some custom fabrication and drilling a hole in your barrel.

The gun does have an adjustable hop up, which is very similar in design to the 8mm hop up. I own an 8mm version as well.

As far as gas fill, its hold enough gas for about 30 shots, enough to dump the entire load of bbs if it fired 5 shots instead of 3. I did buy it second hand, but it does not spear to be modified as the casing, even by looking down the chamber with a flashlight I don't see any tooling marks, the chamber unit is all black.

I forgot to mention too, my clone 5 shot will dump all rounds on a single charge, and also enough gas left for another 10 - 20 shots on top of that.

I did go over it fully to get it gas tight though, and it will hold gas for months now. I've had 3 in total, all clones, and all had a similar gas capacity. None had or needed steel charging arms either...

One issue in regards to the accuracy is the fact that your firing multiple rounds simultaneously through a single barrel. The BBs at the back of the stack are pushing those up front, so they are bound to fly erratically.

The point of a shotgun is to have a spread so IDK how much accuracy one can really expect there.

The spread was ridiculous, and I mean that to the extreme. Literal could not shoot what you're aiming for within 20 feet. I fixed the issue, I turned off the hop up and shoots good for the distance I need it.

Now, still is inconsistent...250 Fps, 320 Fps, 150 Fps, 400 Fps, and even one 500 Fps.

Every time I've chronoed it, its been completely different

Archived