Ground Zero Weekender 2012

Kenworth W900

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a great time this year.

Frankly speaking, the weather was friggin terrible - put a massive downer on it all for me. Although, it did make the sun on Sunday all the sweeter. I proper enjoyed rocking my VSR for a few hours on Sunday.

Great people to meet and make friends with, in particullar: Adam, Aaron and Asian (team), Matt and Rich (marshal). Didn't catch any last names, but I hope to see you again next year.

My shooting tent raised £45 for the Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal in the end. The weather stopped play for plenty of time and we therefore ended up only receiving about 20 entries to the shooting competition. It would have been nice to have been flanked by some more activity stalls and tents. Nevertheless, still worth it.

After receiving so many requests to do repair jobs whilst down there I reckon I might ask Howard if I can come down with a stall again but this time with a repairs and advice tent. The most exciting repair job was being asked to work upon a Barrett M82.

Archived