extra small radio pouches? or alternatives?

bobthebuilder

Does anyone know of a Molle compatible small radio pouch?

my current radio (a cobra MT600) is somewhat swamped by the standard ones on offer. I'm currently running it in a viper mobile phone pouch, but would like to move it onto my vest.

failing that, does anyone know of a pouch that would do the job?

I use a 5.11 (Small) C3 Phone case. I got mine at Military 1st. Might be a little cheaper than the similar Maxped' model (the 5.11 also comes with molle straps (Slipstick) included).

The MT600 looks about the same size as my Motorola. It would be a snug fit, but both the 5.11 and Maxped' pouches have elasticated sides and an adjustable strap.

I use a 5.11 (Small) C3 Phone case. I got mine at Military 1st. Might be a little cheaper than the similar Maxped' model (the 5.11 also comes with molle straps (Slipstick) included).

The MT600 looks about the same size as my Motorola. It would be a snug fit, but both the 5.11 and Maxped' pouches have elasticated sides and an adjustable strap.

I've just ordered the C5 (large) from a medical supply place (needed some first aid bits anyway, and I get 10% discount)

sounds like it might be a bit big :o

Maybe a little (wide), but it should still be fine.

my thinking was that even if it doesn't fit, it's the right size for my phone, so I'll just use it for that instead, no great loss. and at about £10-12, it was a better deal than the maxpedition stuff (I'm not a huge fan of maxped anyway, but that's annother story)

I also prefer 5.11 over Maxpedition. I have both the 5.11 C3 and Maxpedition'e equivalent (as part of their Triad Admin Pouch). The pouches are functionally the same, but the Maxpedition pouches do not come with attachment straps and the rear of the pouch is only partially covered with Molle rows. This means that the top and bottom of the pouch are unsecured and can get stuff caught behind them (such as a rifle slings). Maxped are of course also more expensive.

Their EDC pocket organiser also has just the three rows of Molle on the rear, but I don't know if this true of their entire range?

To be fair in use this hasn't really caused me a problem (so far), but given the attention to detail Maxpedition put into their products it seemed like a strange choice. Does anyone have any thought on why the pouch has been set up that way?

Archived