Looking for some 1911 Parts - Help Please

bankz5152

Hey,

Im after some 1911 parts but the nly ones I can find are by Nova and waaaay too much money but only they seem to make them!

Im after -

Extended Slide Stop -

nova_gmp_n04ss_m.jpg

Extended Thumb Saftey -

nova-tm-gmp-e10-ssv.jpg

Rear Sights -

954-2.jpg

Can anyone direct me to these parts cheaply? i.e not $45 for a little bit of metal.

Didnt say no one made them said It seemded they made them, i was putting it down to me not knowing where to look.

I managed to find the extended slide stop by Element -

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/element-long-slim-slide-stop-for-marui-hi-capa-silver.html

Cant find anything on the thumb saftey though, no one like Guarder make one?

No luck what so ever on the rear sight... Ole' Cripps had a similar sites, but fibre optic....

I can't remember off the top of my head, but I tried to put a silver TM Hicapa slide stop in an MEU before now, and it didn't work - I'm sure someone with more 1911 knowledge than me can confirm the how and why, but I remember it definitely didn't function. I'm not sure if they can be modded though, so there may still be hope!

Guarder makes 1911 controls with good quality and fair pricing. Not sure if they make an extended slide stop and safety in stainless, though. As for sights, I'm giving the Detonator 10-8s ($45) a try for my 1911 build. Sights are something I don't mind spending a bit more on, as long as if they're better than the stock TM Bomars that break with green gas/propane use.

I know Dytac makes some affordable sights, but I've not seen the quality for myself yet. Element is cheap, but the quality is sub-par... the finish on their stainless looks pretty nasty. Nova is top quality, but the cost is too damn high. Good luck with your build!

Cheers man. I know Nova is the best but cost waaayy too much money for what they are.

Managed to find myself thumb saftey, an MEU one is perfect, just needs sanding down and polishing.

Looked high and low for the sights cheapest I could find where $47, still pricey to me. Very pricey especially considering fibre optic sights are available for $23 as a full set which look almost identical. Just not after fibre optic sadly..

Im sure the Element would look alright when sanded and polished with some high grit wet and dry.

Archived