The most reliable AR15 GBBR to this date?

cavapanther

The MP7/MP9/Kriss ARE GBBRs.  In real life they're not "rifles" but this is airsoft.

A GBBR differs from a GBB pistol in that rather than a light plastic or alumium slide weighing less than 100 grams, a GBBR is usually using a large heavy bolt that travels on stiff spring and usually has a very long travel distance. 

The inherent reliability of a GBBR platform deals with the volume of gas in the mag and the amount of force it takes to make the bolt travel back all the way.

This is why the MP7 is so reliable, as it has an extremely light bolt, relatively weak spring, and most importantly, short travel.  Also, unlike the MP9 or TMP, it fires from a closed bolt, so there's less wasteful venting.  In fact, the MP7 is the only GBBR that does not vent gas from the breech when fired on full auto, at least not significantly.

By the same token, platforms like the SCAR and AKs have a hard time.  Especially for the SCAR.  It has a very heavy bolt and an M4 sized mag.  Thus you get a relatively slower RoF.

In the AK, you at least have the benefit of a large volume mag, but the WE AKs probably went too long with their bolt travel, leading to their relative unreliability.

The MP7/MP9/Kriss ARE GBBRs.  In real life they're not "rifles" but this is airsoft.

I was about to ask if your definition of a 'GBBR' had anything to do with the word 'rifle' but then you went on to explain how GBBR is different from a GBB pistol by virtue of slides, and bolts, and springs. When you say that...

the MP7 [...] has an extremely light bolt, relatively weak spring

...it would seem that by your above standards (light, weak springs) it would actually be a pistol, not your idea of a 'GBBR'?  :huh:

Out of the box it will be the KJ M4 platform

But with a little bit of work I'm impressed by the WE OB system.

Had the CB system HK4168 and it performed terrible especially the hopup

where as the OB system now performs a bit better.

Using a modded VSR innerbarrel and the NPAS kit to actually reduce BBsped to 1,43J with 0,28 (120ms by 0,2)

Havent tried the Angry gun recoil kit in any other GBBR but it is fun in the WE

You might want to work on the boltcatch to make it catch the boltcarrier each time the mag is empty

youtube vids can be found for this.

Also get the Version 2 gasmag or CO2 if you are into that.

Customguns.dk have had specialmade gaskets for the CO2 mags to work better in the european northern atmosphere

AHA! Thought I would share this as I have recently stumbled across it almost by luck.

Viper Tech have released this video:

http://youtu.be/F0tuqzo_k-Y

Showing how the Viper works with GHK CO2 Mags, from there I then found this article:

http://www.gasguns.info/?p=85

This shows a new hammer spring and bolt stop assembly which means that the system is no longer short stroked and the bolt stop will work with WA, Prime and GHK Mags!!

Plus, if you look here:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/viper-tech-m4a1-moe-gbb-steel-version.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/other-gun/gas-blow-black-rifle/viper-tech/viper-tech-m4a1-ras-gbb-rifle-2011-steel-version.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/other-gun/gas-blow-black-rifle/viper-tech/viper-tech-m4a1-gbb-rifle-2011-steel-version.html

This shows that the new Magpul Viper and the M4A1 2011 steel versions come with this as standard.

I don't know about everyone else, but this makes me very happy!

CWI airsoft sells 2012. They must've modified the GHK mags in some way, because it will NOT lock back for the life of me. (factory GHK) It will fire though... Anyways, It still is short stroked. You can tell when the bolt locks back, it's 1/3 through already.

When did you get your Viper? Are you sure yours has the new internals in it?

And it hasnt FUBAR'd the gun up yet?

Nope it hasn't - but - because there is a but

I'm a worried that it might effekt the metalring at the stock

because of the harder/stronger recoileffekt on it

eventhoug it in my mind shouldn't be too much since the stock is beeing held against the sholder most of the time.

Besides that I haven't tried FA for longer than short burst of 2-3-4 round and don't use FA that much

but if your finger can do it there is a bit quicker second shot on single shot mode.

I got my viper I'd say in nov '12. Yes, it has the new internals. CWI airsoft is one of the "authorized" dealers of Viper themselves. It is the 2012 version, not the 2011.

This is what the difference between 2011 and 2012 is (straight from Viper's E-Mail)

2012 version,
lower left side bolt catch base became square.
right side fence cross area became sharp.
upper brass deflector shape modified (clone from RS).
internal parts same as 2011 version, but more tough and accurate.

I'm not saying "don't buy viper" but just know that pro-win's, GHK CO2's, WA, and G&P doesn't really lock back when empty without modification on the spring on the mag itself. In fact, on viper is the one that runs the best and the longest without any type of failures right OOTB.

I got my viper I'd say in nov '12. Yes, it has the new internals. CWI airsoft is one of the "authorized" dealers of Viper themselves. It is the 2012 version, not the 2011.

This is what the difference between 2011 and 2012 is (straight from Viper's E-Mail)

2012 version,

lower left side bolt catch base became square.

right side fence cross area became sharp.

upper brass deflector shape modified (clone from RS).

internal parts same as 2011 version, but more tough and accurate.

I'm not saying "don't buy viper" but just know that pro-win's, GHK CO2's, WA, and G&P doesn't really lock back when empty without modification on the spring on the mag itself. In fact, on viper is the one that runs the best and the longest without any type of failures right OOTB.

Ok thanks for the info, really appreciate it!

Do you know how to modify the mags/rifle to work with the GHK Mags as these are what I will be running.

Thanks!

2 videos on how to fix the boltcatch on WE OB systems

*snip*

Please note this is found on youtube and are not made by me

so thanks to the makers of theese videos

WE? Isn't this thread all about the WA system?

It's spring strength balance problem.
You could solve the problem by 2 method,

1, Increase strength of mags spring, add a half length mag spring into mag.
2, Cut the bolt catch spring length 1/3 or 1/2 off, and draw out it to original length.

that's what viper told me about all the other mags except EB.

Archived