Cannot Post IMG Links from Photobucket?!

[IMG ]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s483/SeriouslyMike/Dscf0214.jpg[/IMG ]

Just tried inserting an image from my PB account, noworkski. Even posting it as code (as to avoid parsing by the forum) returns an error unless I put spaces in the IMG tags to disable them entirely.

Edited by Mike_West

Weird. Seems like a flaw either way around. Either I've missed a toggle in the new forum software and you shouldn't be able to post images (for whatever reason) and you can circumvent it in the way you've described. Or there's a bug in the image insert code of some form.

I've raised a ticket to see if we can get it looked at. Given the festive season it might be a day or two until we get a result.

Today and yesterday I've had to go through the exact same steps as Danke posted there in order to post images.  In fact today I seem to have to click post, get the error, the forum changes the BBcode around all by itself, then I paste in the code & link from Photobucket a second time and it all works.

Test

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p230/Dan-ke/photobucket-1329-1347334776272.jpg

No warnings now but the pictures do not appear, just a link. I am using the imgcode link to cut and paste like I normally would. You can see the picture in the preview but when you post it swaps to a link.

Edited by Danke

I played around a bit with that light switch in in the top-left corner, turns out the forum will only display images if the BBCode is posted in this format (which isn't the default that photobucket etc supplies and people are used to):

= blablabla imgURL

Added the spaces in just so it'd show up.

Edited by CKinnerley

Clicking on the TV-screen icon labelled "Image" (2 to the right of the one for inserting regular internet link) turns the whole computer screen that misty light blue, but the dialogue box for copying in the image website address never appears.  The screen is frozen and I have to refresh to get out of it.

Yeah I stand corrected, I went back through a couple of picture threads and you're dead on horse.

Didn't realise that was happening, that's pretty damn bad actually.  Every picture that's ever been posted and hosted up on PB just shows the URL now, could it be something photobucket changed?  On page 1 of 'Pics of your gear' for example there's some images still working, not sure where they're hosted though.