Good (cheap) 40mm grenades.

Silent_Assassin

Sorry in advance for this "Wot am bestest" thread.

I'm planning on getting an ICS GLM next month for some CQB games but I don't really fancy spending a few hundred Pounds on gas grenades.

Can anyone recommend some good, cheap, 40mm gas grenades for less than £20 each?

I don't mind importing so that's not an issue. I've seen these on EB Airsoft:-

http://www.ebairsoft.com/core-cog0306-plastic-light-40mm-shower-p-6123.html

http://www.ebairsoft.com/cog0202g-40mm-shower-72rds-p-5817.html

Does anyone know if they're any good?

Sorry for the noobish questions but in my 7 years of Airsoft I've never used/owned gas grenades or launchers.

Josh

Honestly dont buy cheap 40mm nades.

I made that mistake once, bought x6 Pro-Arms grenades used them with Propane. Used then around 20 or so times until one day when I had just loaded them up, placed them face down in my vest.

Went to get a cup of tea, luckily my mate called my name, I turned my head. BANG, BANG, BANG, 2 of them went off flew out of my pouch hit the 40ft ceiling, then set off the other 2. Was like a suicide bomber!

Needless to say I threw them all away.

What had happend was the fireing pins on the bottom actually blew out, broke the plastic out.

Cheers Azubi, this looks great and I like the fact that I can fill it with as many bb's as I need (or other stuff ;) ). Good price too!

Honestly dont buy cheap 40mm nades.

I made that mistake once, bought x6 Pro-Arms grenades used them with Propane. Used then around 20 or so times until one day when I had just loaded them up, placed them face down in my vest.

Went to get a cup of tea, luckily my mate called my name, I turned my head. BANG, BANG, BANG, 2 of them went off flew out of my pouch hit the 40ft ceiling, then set off the other 2. Was like a suicide bomber!

Needless to say I threw them all away.

What had happend was the fireing pins on the bottom actually blew out, broke the plastic out.

Thanks for the advice bankz5152. I've worked on a 40mm before when a friend needed one fixing and that was a cheap nasty type. However China does produce some gems which is what I'm trying to hopefully find.

I've heard a fair few good things about the S-Thunder shells.
However I'd echo  bankz5152's advice of not going for the cheaper shells, mainly due to malfunctions like he had, or just flat failure of fill valves or being mishapen ( I own 6 pro arms ones that are all misshapen and wont fit in the majority of launchers I own.)
From personal experiences with Moscarts, you get what you pay for and whilst they are expensive I've never had issues with madbull shells (which can be found at reasonable costs secondhand)

I'd say madbull shells are the way to go, I've had pro-arms(actualyl when they were still vanaras) shells and only 1 of them fire's reliably, the others have just developed problems over the years and I'm no noob when it comes to gas gubbins. They're just so badly put together it takes a lot of fiddling to get them to work, at all.

Best of sticking to the madbull shells, crying each time you buy one, but knowing with proper care and maintenance they'll last and fire reliably.

I've just found these on Ebay priced at £24, £30 & £34 for 60rnds, 84rnds & 120rnds respectively. They have got some good reviews and they're CNC aluminium

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6mm-BB-gas-powered-M203-40mm-Grenade-60-84-120-rounds-for-Airsoft-or-Paintball-/181056846035?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&var=&hash=item2a27d438d3 

What do you guys think?

I bought those factory surplus vanaras POM-shells and still love em. Thicker main O-ring to turn them into "resettable" and no leaks since then.

Full POM so i wont run em past propane/greengas.

If the current Vanaras shells use the same idea and i'd imagine so, they would be my choise.

If not "tested and working", atleast fixable and "working since then"

What do you guys think?

I've got some and they are sub par as far as I am concerned. Plus all those little individual barrels take forever to reload. The single big hole type really is so much easier and I find they shoot better than the other, more traditional, style of moscart.

I've got some and they are sub par as far as I am concerned. Plus all those little individual barrels take forever to reload. The single big hole type really is so much easier and I find they shoot better than the other, more traditional, style of moscart.

Yer I think this is the best option. Plus it'll be cheaper on ammo as I can just load them with used (but unbroken!) bb's  :D

I actually find my Vanaras V2 (POM shell, aluminum casing) more reliable than the Madbulls a mate of mine keeps bringing back in for repairs. Most of the problems are from the valve getting deformed as it's made of aluminum while the lock (ball bearings) is made of steel. Actually just about all other nades are made this way and eventually the holes where the bearings sit in get deformed and needs to be corrected or the lock wont engage. On the Vanaras, the valve and lock are all in steel. Problem with them however is that the main valve o-ring has a habit of shrinking a bit making it not hold gas and oddly enough the only solution I've found to work, other than replacing them entirely is to just stretch the o-ring out a bit.

I actually find my Vanaras V2 (POM shell, aluminum casing) more reliable than the Madbulls a mate of mine keeps bringing back in for repairs. Most of the problems are from the valve getting deformed as it's made of aluminum while the lock (ball bearings) is made of steel. Actually just about all other nades are made this way and eventually the holes where the bearings sit in get deformed and needs to be corrected or the lock wont engage. On the Vanaras, the valve and lock are all in steel. Problem with them however is that the main valve o-ring has a habit of shrinking a bit making it not hold gas and oddly enough the only solution I've found to work, other than replacing them entirely is to just stretch the o-ring out a bit.

the acetone trick work there?

Only for a while then it just shrinks back down again. Could be the material as I don't think it's nitrile (green color) which responds pretty well to the acetone trick. Weird thing is, it only really shrinks to the point of leaking if it's stored without gas for more than a day. With gas it's fine as long as you keep using it.

I've managed to pick up an ICS GLM from Zeroin for £200 shipped with 4x A&K shells & 2x Zeta lab 84 rd shells.

Are these shells any good?

I was still thinking of picking up some ASG 'nade anyway so I might flog these on to help pay for that.

Archived