Umarex/VFC HK416 gap between the receivers.

SuX0rz

I recently purchased an Umarex 416 and I've been loving it, except I ran into a problem today.  I was checking my accessories and getting my gear ready for a skirmish, and I noticed that a gap had formed between the upper and lower receiver on my gun.  It's right about the mag well and above the "HK" logo.  Alarmed, I took the upper off and tried reseating it.  The gap remained.  I probably reseated the upper and lower ten times and still I was not able to fix the gap.   

I've used this gun once and I've owned it for about three weeks.  I've never dropped it or mishandled it.  I really have no clue what could have caused it.   

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Is there a fix?  I've looked around online and I haven't found much.  

Thanks for you help.

Actually this is a somewhat common issue with VFC 416s from what I have seen. Notice it's even there on these pics on evike's website

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=33414

Honestly, if there isn't any wobble then there isn't much you can do. I'm pretty darn sure that the gap didn't just "form" there. Have you taken your gun apart? If not, then it's probably been there the whole time and you didn't notice. If you have taken it apart, there is the slight chance that something is misaligned or out of place and causing the gap; however, I don't really see how this could occur and still have the gun go together smoothly. If you are comfortable taking your gearbox out, I would recommend that you do so and see how the upper and lower align when there is no gearbox in there. This may help you identify your problem. If you haven't ever taken it or a similar AR varient apart before then I cannot say I would recommend doing so since you might end up screwing something up even worse.

Archived