Options for electronic sights for a TM G17 and P226

Wingman

I would like to install electronic sights (holographic) on my TM G17 and P226. Does anyone have sugguestions for which sight  and mount I should use and where I might find these items?

Is the installation process difficult?

Thanks for the help.

AFAIK only real EOTechs are truly holographic. The clones operate pretty much in the same way as any other red dot sight with the reticule merely being reflected into the shooter's eye. That said, not very many clone EOTechs are advisable for anything with recoil, even on pistols where the recoil seems little, plus they're on the heavy side. For handguns, most folk steer towards C-Mores and Docter sights and when sticking it on a P226R or Glock you'll likely need a universal scope rail adapter such as this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-TACTICAL-PISTOL-SCOPE-MOUNT-WEAVER-PICATINNY-RAIL-SIGHT-M0048-/171117602117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d7676545

Docter sights are pretty much the only optics that can be slide mounted. Anything else will be to heavy. I'm not sure if they sell mounts for those guns but I recall seeing one for a Glock I think. Usually though for real steel the slide is recessed so the optics can sit lower almost co-witnessing with the irons. But applying this to airsoft can be tricky due to the BBU eating up the necessary space.

From what I understand, TM glocks do not take real steel sights, so a RS mount for a Docter sight would not fit either. There are many airsoft clones of the Docter sight though, so it's possible that an airsoft retailer also sells a TM specific mount.

Edit: a quick google search shows that indeed they do.

For the TM G17/G18, the obvious solution is the Guns Modify/Ace1 Arms Salient Arms RMR slides, soon to be available from Bunny Workshop, WGC, Boom Arms and everybody else under the sun. That kit includes basically everything above the frame rails, including a modified BBU and nozzle to cope with the limited height available.

1233589_428184957300772_535226741_n.jpg

There's nothing out there for the P226. You might be able to mill the top of the rear of a metal slide flat and fit a Docter clone, but it would need to be precision work and it's not guaranteed. If you want to practise it, buy a cheap (Guarder?) P226 slide and try it.

Archived