Msa sordin woes

Alias1983

• 3 weeks later...

I personally wouldn't bother with one with a bone mic, my experience with them has been , though I haven't played with the sordins. The 6 pin lemo is a great plug, but it's overpriced and the off the shelf options will put you back about 200+ for an adapter to a tp120 plus an amplified ptt. If you spend a couple months on ebay you could probably scrounge up a FSBE maritime A kit which would include most of the cables and ptt, but you would still be stuck converting from 10 pin maritime to whatever radio you are using, and need to get an amplifier. If you contact Lemo you can get them to sell you an individual matching connector, and you could fashion your own adapter and buy an amp for maybe 180 total? There is a benefit in the Lemo in that it is inherently capable of dual coms, but it's a hassle to accommodate. 

I'm most of the way through the process of getting a similar one setup, but that is with a boom mic, and it's still an expensive PITA to get from the 10pin to a commercial radio (in my case a kenwood).

Good thing you posted I totally forgot about this post.

I sent the headset to srstactical and for 297$ I ha e a new style sordins in an old shell.

EBay has a 6pin to nexus adapter for 100$ but the ptt for the radio I want does not exist in the quality I want.

Srstactical has the ptt I need and the quality, they did a bangup job and am super impressed with there work.

I could of had the bone mic converted to a normal mic but I would ha e that big plastic thing in my face.

So I opted for the new style noise canceling mic with boom. That was the most expensive part.

They were unaware of the initial conversation where it was a bone mic and they quoted me 127 to convert the plug and change the mic.

But I still came out cheaper than trying to find a set of sordins that worked for my needs and still be less than 60)$+

4a58f371b7dee624e2efbed2370db470.jpg

One of these days I may contact them about somehow bringing up the volume of the right side ear as I am a bit deef in that ear, the sordins help but not much.

Yeah, it's really rough to do without swapping the cord. It's even harder if you're trying to stay accurate to issued stuff. I've had pretty good luck in that scouring ebay, (since may really) I've managed to get a bunch of sets of comms things which contained most of what I needed, and I can resell the rest without too much hassle. Now it's just one piece missing and thats a 10 pin to 6 pin adapter.

Archived