KWA Kriss Vector, ~$350 vs ~$900. Differences?

grimmah

Hello.

I know im late to the Vector party, and ive been looking around on the web to find one of these guns for myself. However, ive come across two completely different price ranges.

One is a cheaper version, which for the most part has been in the $300-400 range, and then one i found at Redwolf Airsoft, advertised at $900? The only thing i can see so far is the $900 version comes with an additional magazine. Surely there must be something more to it than that?

Ive been in touch with a swedish distributor, who can source the more expensive "special editon" as they put it, and they actually link to the one on RWA, but didnt really say more than "this is the one we can get you".

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/GBB_Rifles_SMGs_KWA_KWA_Kriss_Vector_GBB_with_2_Magazines.htm

The information doesnt really describe anything special about this one? So id be greatful if someone could clarify, or let me know if its a rip-off paying that much for it.

Thanks and regards,

grimm

There was a falling out between KWA and KRISS and so the KWA Vector GBB license was revoked and stopped from production etc. So it's basically a rarity these days with little hope of returning. That's the short version I guess. I can't recall the details and I might not be entirely correct either.

So, given that fact, the price may be justified by it being a modern classic rarity, so to speak. 

So, if you can get it from somewhere else for cheaper, and you want one, go for it. Getting magazines might prove difficult though (I think?), and possibly also spare parts. I don't recall if KWA were allowed to continue mags and parts or not.

I don't think there's anything special about the RWA listing you linked to except it comes with two mags.

Your best bet would be to find a good untouched example second hand. Then buy the mags I believe WGC have them in stock. 

They are fantastic, I've had mine since a year after release, kept totally standard bar an ACE 1 Arms mag release. Lost count of how many rounds ive put through it but its least 20k and the internals still look almost brand new. 

You are probably right, but i just now "bit the sour apple" as we say here in sweden, and ordered it from the distributor i was talking with. At least i know ill be getting a brand new gun with two magazines. Gonna have to live a bit more spartan for a while.

Thanks, but im not interested in buying used from private persons oversees at these kind of prices, regardless if its a good deal or not. Too much money. As i stated, ive already ordered the gun so ill just have to deal with the cost.

I doubt you will be disappointed, when I heard the news they where being discontinued I strongly considered buying a spare! It really is a fantastic SMG, check WGC Shop I think they have magazines in stock for $50 each.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived