Your thoughts on the armomer works guns?

Marc.RG1

I have one.  One of their "competition" hi capa models.  Haven't used it in game or tested it extensively.

For the price I paid ($99 from Evike during some sale recently; probably the 4th of July one), it is pretty hard to beat.  It has a magwell, ambi controls, fiber optic sights, and the "sight tracker"/hybrid style slide/barrel.  While it doesn't have the best finish quality, to get anything close to this would cost significantly more money.

Also, don't know if this is just their hybrid "competition" version or if it is included in all models, but mine came with a replacement rear sight red dot mount.  Looks like it fits the Doctor (Docter?) style red dots, but I haven't confirmed what will or will not fit.

Has a red loading nozzle, which if I remember correctly, is the KJW trademark.  Haven't extensively looked at the other internals to make a quality judgement.

In other hilarious news, my version came with one of the WE style threaded barrel adapters.  Despite the barrel not actually being threaded to accept the adapter.

Overall, seems in around the KJW level of quality, but has different style not available from KJW.  Giving serious contemplation to picking up one of their 6 inch Dragon types.

I have one.  One of their "competition" hi capa models.  Haven't used it in game or tested it extensively.

For the price I paid ($99 from Evike during some sale recently; probably the 4th of July one), it is pretty hard to beat.  It has a magwell, ambi controls, fiber optic sights, and the "sight tracker"/hybrid style slide/barrel.  While it doesn't have the best finish quality, to get anything close to this would cost significantly more money.

Also, don't know if this is just their hybrid "competition" version or if it is included in all models, but mine came with a replacement rear sight red dot mount.  Looks like it fits the Doctor (Docter?) style red dots, but I haven't confirmed what will or will not fit.

Has a red loading nozzle, which if I remember correctly, is the KJW trademark.  Haven't extensively looked at the other internals to make a quality judgement.

In other hilarious news, my version came with one of the WE style threaded barrel adapters.  Despite the barrel not actually being threaded to accept the adapter.

Overall, seems in around the KJW level of quality, but has different style not available from KJW.  Giving serious contemplation to picking up one of their 6 inch Dragon types.

Hi Danr, thank you for your helpful reply, yeah i have been looking into these guns a bit and have been hearing some mixed reports, some people saying the are the best thing since sliced bread (which i take with a pinch of salt to be honest) a lot of people get blinded by the fact they have a nice new gun. good one them though enjoyment it whats its about..

Your right to get my hi-capa build project to how i want it, its going to cost me £400+ but once down it should be outstanding i like the best of all worlds if i can so have plastic guns for winter use, some guns for all year use and some guns for summer use, So for armorer works to do what they have done for the price, its not too bad. :)

I do think from what i have seen they are slightly better quality then the standard WE hi-capas, i think the time test will tell how much though..

I think the red dot mount comes with all their guns which is also a good thing isn't it, and i think i read somewhere that the WE silencer adapter they give you is the self tapping version, lol not that i would recommend using it if it was, that dont seem to sit right with me for some reason..

I would love to hear what you still think of your gun once you have put it through its paces mate in a few months time. :)

Happy Shooting All the best, marc..

I wanted to have a look at their products but since you all didn't provide anything I looked up the image source for DJs pics and it had their URL in it :P

Not my style of guns but I think it's kind of cool to take something as mediocre as WE OEM guns, tuning them up a little bit inside and out, a nicely designed webpage and voila, you got yourself a new product/market. Good for them! :) 

http://www.armorerworks.com/

EDIT: Aaawh hell naaaawh! :P

_mg_6855.jpg

The pistols feels and works like (modern) WE pistols.

However, the design and ergonomics is what sets them apart. These pistols are really fantastic compared to the other stock hicapa choices on the market. And they look pimp.

One of the IPSC AA shooters in UK use the

The WE Dual slide pistols are pretty cool. They have twice the piston size, twice (and for glock, 2,5x!) the gas capacity, but only 40% ish heavier slide and 2 x 50% recoil springs.

So it's really like putting two engines in one sports car.

The Dual G18C (yes, FA) will mag dump easier than the normal G18C.

More functional products than you'd think.

And WE also makes holsters for them.

I run two of the armorerworks hi-capas.  They are awesome pieces of kit.  I personally prefer them over KJW by a long shot simply because of the slide weight.  The slides are a lot less weight and have no issues doing mag dumps on standard green gas magazines.  Pair them with the new maple leaf buckings and the maple leaf "F" key's, they will send .32's out further than most aeg's.  

Few issues vs. standard TM hi-caps.

BBU is slightly different than a standard TM unit as they have a fake firing pins instead of a hex screw holding the BBU in.

Hop-up unit arm is different than the standard TM style.  They are skinnier and thus take the maple leaf "F" key instead of the "I" key.

• 1 month later...

I use two AWC pistols - a HX1001 and the new HX2201 race pistol. I have upgraded the hop unit,bucking and fitted tightbore barrels. They are ultra reliable and the fit and finish is very good. I have put in excess of 5000 rnds through both of them with nothing more than a bit of lubing.

The cost of buying the pistols and upgrading them is less than a third of a comparable TM model. They also use larger bbu units and with a 170mm barrel will push a .30 along at 385fps all day on black gas.

post-229-0-67406200-1475832143_thumb.jpg

Just used mine for the first time in a game. Ran amazingly well with no problems despite it being about 60°F and raining.

Everyone asked a about it expecting it to be horrendously expensive, and were shocked when I told them it was bone stock (other than hop bucking and barrel) and I'd gotten it for less than $100 (on sale, as mentioned earlier).

Archived