VFC SR 25

stryker20000

So I picked one up and loving it. Used it in a game and wanted to see if any one has info on the bucking and barrel in what works with it. From what I read in the past it may take 416 parts, but does any one really know? Also does any one know how to get it out just in case I need to? Still searching the net myself.

It's just wildly inconsistent. It will fire good for around 3 shots, then hook hard right, up and down. I asked for help on gas guns page and got some info for any one else is also looking for help. http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=15309&p=100339#p100339

Oh, and thank you for the compliment. Sucker is nice man. I was actually not going to get it, but of all people the mrs talked me into getting it hah

AFAIK newer VFC GBB AR10/15s take VSR or TM pistol style buckings.

I heard some are good OOTB, OP might want to check alignment or simply rebuild the hop up. Oh, shoot it some more may help, the bucking probably got some flashes on it.

That's what I am just hoping it is. Just needing to break in. I put about 20 mags that day and was looking into the long term aspect. Still going to try and swap my barrel and bucking from my WE M16 and see how well it does. Hopefully it doesn't need to be reseated.

It's just wildly inconsistent. It will fire good for around 3 shots, then hook hard right, up and down. I asked for help on gas guns page and got some info for any one else is also looking for help. http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=15309&p=100339#p100339

Oh, and thank you for the compliment. Sucker is nice man. I was actually not going to get it, but of all people the mrs talked me into getting it hah

Its the same issue as the 417.  Nothing to do with breaking in, its the heinous hop depressor.  I have swapped rubbers and barrels and still gives erratic hop.

You would have to reengineer the hop depressor arm with a proper hop nub and modify the bolt head. 

Unforunately I sold my 417 for another project so I can't show you the mod.

Its the lack of elasticity of the hop arm and where it is pushing down that is causing the erratic behaviour.

Hop up systems require some elasticity to ensure the bb contacts the rubber fully and consistently to ensure the conversion of linear momentum to rotational momentum. If you compare hard vs soft hop rubbers you will notice the soft rubbers give more carrying range than hard hop rubbers. But that not only has the rubber to provide elasticity but also the nub.

If you look at the src m4 and mp40 where there is no hop nub, the hop effect is very poor as is the accuracy.

The issue with the vfc 417 style hop up system and lesser degree the vfc mp5 hop system is that the hop arm is metal. At least with the mp5 the contact area is pointed and the rubber has a thick area for contact. The 417 has a thick hard plate which doesnt flex and has a flat contact area. THis results in a very inconsistent hop up.

I work nights so my days are erratic where I try and get stuff done as well as sleep, but I am off tomorrow, Friday my time, and was planning on trying to take it apart. My only fear is how the gas tube connects to the unit as I am unsure how it may come out, but I will try and take as many photos of the tear down process and try to make a new thread if possible while I do it.

Took me all day. Got caught up trying out BF1 and Battlefront for the first time. But here are the pics of the unit and the arm. There is that black piece of metal, when you adjust the hopup it looks like it pushes into the arm giving it the tension. When I had it separated it seemed like the arm was weak and not giving any hop, but that could be me though. That's what I have so far.

post-37771-0-67092600-1478908258_thumb.jpg

post-37771-0-14852000-1478908316_thumb.jpg

post-37771-0-42993100-1478908716_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So I was thinking about this. To my understanding the internals of VFC gas guns are reinforced. With that stated my SR25 could use MAP gas correct? Wanting to try it for when it gets below 50. I personally find my gas guns don't work so great locally below 50.

I also have the photos for getting to the hop up. I just need to assemble a post for it one day

Archived