Looking for a new Sub-Compact pistol..WE XDM 3.8 or PX4?

Wingman

Looking at sub-compact pistols lately and decided I need something to add to my TM Detonics and (dont laugh now) HFC G26 (probably 10 years old and still works).

I'm very interested in the WE XDM 3.8 and the PX4 Bulldog compact. I do remember, that their were issues with both the full sized versions of these pistols (XDM take-down lever snapping and the hammer drop safety on the PX4 failures to operate correctly). Any idea if those issues ever surfaced in the compact models or were the problems rectified?

Any favorites of either model? Any long term use reviews? 

Not sure if this is common but I had one in. Initially thought it had been dropped but there was nothing to indicate that. But basically the bit on The hammer that catches the spring had snapped off, it is fairly insubstantial. Not sure if this is a regular bug for user's. Back to the original 2 I think there's less serious issues with the bulldog.

I have both the XDM and the bull dog, both seem to work fine but I haven't used either that much, out of the 2 its probably the XDM ive used most. It seems fine I've had no issues with it accuracy and range seemed on a par with most pistols, maybe not quite up to the latest TM's, but I certainly didnt find myself feeling out gunned using it.

Archived