Verisons of TM magazine compatible 1911 BBU / Internals

blobface

Hey yall, does anyone have a comprehensive list of iterations of TM based 1911 BBU systems out there? I'm losing track of them and I also haven't seen any real comparisons between them.

My understand is that there are currently 4 types from various companies:

TM Original / KJW BBUs

WE 2017 Large Diameter BBU 

Volante Merlin

TM 2018 Long BBU screwed from the bottom (instead of where the firing pin is) 

Anyone here owns the WE supposedly large diameter BBU 1911s? How does it compare to the originals, and compatibility to original slides? 

In a description I read, it says it's also fitted with a new short recoil system.  Does the slide have full rearward travel?

"Short recoil" is a mechanical term used in firearms where the barrel and bolt move together under recoil to allow the gas pressure to disperse before the action is opened. The 'short' in "short recoil" means that the travel of the barrel is less than the length of the cartridge. ("long recoil" is where it's the same or longer than the length of a cartridge, like the a5 shotgun or a whole lot of MGs)

Essentially TM have adjusted how the outer barrel moves on this version of the gun. It's a new version of the short recoil system, not a wholey new system to introduce a short recoil.

Archived