What makes a gun a good "first gun"

Joefahey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I would go for, something which gives one a general role! E.g. good for CQB and ranged skirmishes. Some fine examples include, AKB, G36c, AK47S, and the MC51. Although I prefer sturdy weapons like the AKB, the M4 is indeed a good performer. I think it is down to user preference, some people go for the SG1 or the MP5!

Lomi

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah! my first weapon was a KWA M11. Gas gets pretty expensive after a while and when gas only last 1000 rnds at most, you tend to have a burning desire to get something electric.

<_< So i got a Neon Fire M4A1 Freedom Fighter and got some extra mags. I read in reviews it was a bit better than mini's, but i still wanted something that was easy to refill, recharge and operate and i found it in a bargain airsoft rifle.

I recently did some cosmetic work to its barrel. It has the aircool barrel vents on it but they're covered up to hide the battery since its in the foregrip.

So i used a strong nail (i broke off one of those things you use on a map to determine yer position) to cut out impressions of the inner circle and i simply pushed them out, sanded them and painted the whole thing with three light coats of krylon pain....i also taped and painted certain parts to give it a clear difference in shade between matte black and drab black.

I then took some soda cans, cut them long and in a nice strip, cleaned them and super glued the aluminum side outwards on the inside of the barrel to give it that authentic look.

Its very realistic now; so it looks good but performs...well...^-^ i still love it!

,Laterz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

okay im totally new to the game, i dont even understand all these numbers everyones saying im very bad, the only gun(s) i know of are the Socom, this one iv seen with a flash ligh attached to it, i find it a very good gun, a frend of mine is crrazy about guns hes on this site, i thot id come along and see the experiance my self,

its very hard to take it all in at once, well, i'll be ere for a while, i just need to know, how and where is the best place to learn the sport?

also, im a graphics designer and i make signatures, at the moment in the making of one of my mates sigs but if anyone likes one plz let me know,

im trying to make a rep, thanx

Learn to spell, punctuate, and use the search button, and your stay will be much easier. :)

The best way to learn about the sport is to go along to a site, hire a gun, and play.

The next best way is to read all the sticky threads, and use the search button (it's the red thing on the top right) to answer any questions you might have about specific guns.

If a question hasn't been asked already, then feel free to start a thread in 'newbie discussion'.

Enjoy your stay. :)

• 2 weeks later...
and i would like to add, dont be a cheapskate like me trying to mod your first gun straight away to aviod some of the cost. that will only end in more expenses. dont plan any major upgrade for the gun until you bought it and have it for a while, because that way you can truely understand what you really need and not what you think/imagine you need.

That's actually some really good advice for me. I just bought the Double Eagle M83 (M16/M4 lookalikey thing) and I love the fun factor but it has no power at all. I know I need more power but I'm not sure how to upgrade and indeed whether I should upgrade this or buy another.

It's a lot of fun but when you can safely fire it indoors and the bbs don't stick to a slab of blu-tack when firing at it methinks I need to do something about it.

• 3 weeks later...

My first gun was TM AK-47 about almost year ago. Man I loved that gun cause when I was playing with it I never didn't worry about that if I fall my gun will broke up like TM Colts. It also owned good firepower with 8,4v and thanks to barrel lenght it really shot long and accuracy was good.

It was great gun and I really loved it but sadly his time was over and I'm selling it now.

I am new to airsoft, and most ppl are saying it needs to be comfortable, reliable durable etc. but how do you know if you've never bought or used 1. i myself have played it once with an MP5 and fell in love with the game so have gone and bought one of those guns, but what i am asking is are there place you can go and have a play with a few different guns (fire a few) and see which best suits u????

the p90 is ausom, charged up the bats and took her out for a spin. Rate of fire i would rate as 10 out of 10 as it emped the 68 round clip in under seven seconds, power and accuricy is also good as i tore a hole in the side of golden syrip tin and hit a coke can from the length of my guarden, 35is feet. the high cap is a bit of a bugger as you have to wind it for age and jamed a couple of times. all in all this gun is prity cool

Archived