Burst Control Circuit

Node

Can anybody here confirm that the Marui "burst chip" was actually a chip?

I was under the impression it was just, basically, a capacitor, a couple of resistors and a power transistor.

The capacitor charges between shots, the resistors control the speed of discharge and the transistor shuts off when the voltage gets below a certain point.

That was why it was so fragile. If you tried to shoot too quickly the capacitor wouldn't be charged and if your battery voltage was too high or too low then the whole thing would stop working or fry.

That is all guesswork though. I've never seen one. I'm just assuming that's how it worked from what people have told me.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was under the impression it was just, basically, a capacitor, a couple of resistors and a power transistor.

The capacitor charges between shots, the resistors control the speed of discharge and the transistor shuts off when the voltage gets below a certain point.

That was why it was so fragile. If you tried to shoot too quickly the capacitor wouldn't be charged and if your battery voltage was too high or too low then the whole thing would stop working or fry.

That is all guesswork though. I've never seen one. I'm just assuming that's how it worked from what people have told me.

From what Ihave found on the net, the chip works by using the hop-up in combinason with a switch. Apparently the user could select how long the burst would last (more bullets) . Youre theory might be right, because the gun would shoot burts of 6 to 9 round (from what I read by using google). :unsure:

I have also found pics of a sig gear box, and from what I have observed, they are similar gear boxes but the sig has some gears sticking out of the gearbox (witch the ak doesnt have). :blink:

But why would you want to mimic, the one of the sig? The design was a failuire tendency to fry) . :waggle::o

Oh, I forgot to mention, it is a chip, and there are some people who sell their chips ( or simply disable them) to prevent any damage to the gun. :flamed:

It's a chip with a capacitator and assorted parts on it, plus some other wiring/circuitry I didn't want to screw with.

Supposedly a hop-up was involved, but from my experience with my SG551 I say that's ######s.

Ive just drawn up a circuit I think will work. Pretty much as I said before, except I have added a capacitor to the PIC, in case of a voltage drop when the motor kicks in. Oh, and that MOSFET should be an IRF1404, its just the editor only had that one on it.

It does not acknowledge the position of the fire selector as it is, because I was not sure how you were to implement this - but this could be added to RA2 quite easily if you figure out a way.

post-3269-1121281597_thumb.jpg

Great, I should buy the required pieces near teh end of this week. I'll test it on my Mini Ak (its to only electric gun I have left for the moment) :P .

the schematics seems ok so theres shouldnt be any much problems.

Wounderful work m8. ;)

Oh and btw, witch one of the 16f627p chips have you used?

PIC16F627-04/P (1Kx14 Flash 16I/O 4MHz DIP18)?

PIC16F627-04/SO (1Kx14 Flash 16I/O 4MHz SO18)?

PIC16F627-20/P (1Kx14 Flash 16I/O 20MHz DIP18)?

PIC16F627-20/SO (1Kx14 Flash 16I/O 20MHz SO18)?

The PIC16F627-04/P (as thats what came with my programmer), but to be honest, you could use the PIC16F627-20/P if you want. As long as the PIC is DIP18, is should have the same pin out, its just its other features that vary (as in the case with those two, its the clock speed)

• 7 months later...

OK ... i have only Registrat for this Thread!

I know a simple way to become the right impulse from the GB!

I am a ex'sony technican (sorry for my bad englisch)

Doesn any body know old walkmans? they have reflector clued on the gear! behind is a small SMD ir-switch. this was it!!!! the best place for a IR switch is the sektor gear. with this trick you can stop the gear in the right moment or make a system like a psg1.

i hope i have help some guys! i watch the thread in the next days ... if somebody need help i can modify the connection diagram!

• 9 months later...

Hello

I was wondering If somebody tried an inline burst circuit(pluged in between battery and the rest of the gun)

My problem is that my M15A4 is still on warranty and I can't open gearbox for a whole year to get to the wires and the trigger switch to plug the circuit in.So i was wondring if maybe somebody would be so kind to post any schematics of this kind of circuit or any other infformation that could help me.

It would be a great help in my project constucting the inline burst circuit!

Thanks in advance and sory for my english..still working on that :rolleyes:

Convicte

I think U misunderstood me!!

I'm not looking for the schematics to start massproduction but to make one unit for myself.

I tried contacting k_man (the owner of Air-tronics) to ask him for the schematics but got no reply.He wrote in one of the topics that he will send the schematics everybody who asks for the if they won't produce it for sell.But still nothing!

And let me be the first to say thank you for searching and using and Old thread instead of creating a new one.

No problem..Thats what the search icon and my brain is for!!!!! :P

Con

you do know that you guys could just rip the board out of a paintball gun, my old paintball gun's board has single, 3 burst, 6 burst and full auto all you would have to do is wire it to the motor and connect it to the battery and if you need me to ill post a pic or to of my board...if your interested

Thanks Helghast it might help!

But (there is always some but) I think that it will be very difficult to get something out of a picture of already put together circuit.

Still if any of U aeg-mechanics have any knowledge of this kind of circuit let me know :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

Con

well the gun I have is like 150 usd but im pretty sure you can just buy the board ill have to check. most electric paintballguns have that type of format a popular fairly cheap but good quality brand would be spyder guns of which i have one. let me look now ok aparently its cheaper to just buy the whole gun new you could probably just sell the rest of the parts on ebay. I did check ebay by the way and there selling for more

actually the brand is kingsman

the price is actually 109 usd

If you go to paintballgear.com they have a bunch of different brands to chose from..as for cheap with burst fire kingman has a few (example would be the Pilot ACS )

(another would be from 32 degrees called the Icon LED )

the Icon is way cheaper because it uses LED lights to show what position your on while the Pilot uses words to tell you.

(just to let you know these are all edits)

I don't know that they are available in the aftermarket yet, but wouldn't a TM Type 98 gear box solve this problem without need for an EE degree? It was my understanding the this new gearbox does the three round burst mechanically (like in the real steel).

Archived