the ics mp5a3

Hvy gear

wich looks best  

14 members have voted

1. 1. wich looks best

• mp5a5
    • mp5a3

well i've decided on an mp5 and reckon i'll be going for the ics one but i'm not sure of wish model to choose the a5 or the a3.

i would also like to hear peoples opinions on the ics mp5a3 as i haven't heard much about it or found anything of use on google.

The internals will all be the same and the only differences between the models is the A2 and A4 have a full stock and can house a large battery..

..The A2 and A3 have the SEF style trigger group and has a contoured grip (suited right hand users) and the A4 and A5 have a Navy style trigger group, the grip is not contoured, therefore can be used both left and right.

The above point narrows your choices to the A4 and A5 if you are a left handed user. If not, then you will first need to decide if you want a full stock or a retractable stock (Cal9000 has kindly high lighted the benefits of having the full stock) and finally decide if you like the SEF or Navy style trigger group more..

Edit: point added..

I was not bothered about the battery so I opted for a retractable stock, leaving me an option to adding a full stock without having to rewire the connectors to the rear of the gun!!

lol why do you care which version the other forum users consider to be nicer? You must like the look of the gun and you'll have to live with it, not the others. Choose the one that looks better in your opinion.

If you want to read something about ICS MP5s, there's a review on this very site.

i have had absolutely no problems from my ICS MP5SD5, and mybrother had no problems with his A4 until he fell on it and snapped it in half.

some people may still bang on about he tappet plate, but its a problem that was fixed over a year ago, so dont worry about it.

buy one and you wont be disappointed.

i would mainly like to know what problems i can expect to occur, i've heard of a few but nothing really concrete.

I heard about lots of people having problems with their stock ICS MP5s. Here are the threads I found on this side after a short research:

ICS Gearbox problems

ICS mp5 a4 problems, after 450 shots

ICS Mp5 help

ICS mp5 A4 v. 3.5, internal problems

Broken ICS version 2 gearbox

ICS MP5 problem HELP!

You can interpret that like you want. If you want more use google and search the whole web.

I'm also thinking about buying an MP5 but I'm certainly not going to buy an ICS one.

If you have some experience with upgrading AEGs and don't mind taking apart your gun after the first hi-cap you can give ICS a try I think.

i would mainly like to know what problems i can expect to occur, i've heard of a few but nothing really concrete.

some people may still bang on about he tappet plate, but its a problem that was fixed over a year ago, so dont worry about it.

;) the truth

buy one and you wont be disappointed.

also the truth :) i love my MP5 SD6 :wub: now all i need is a ICS M4 ^_^

Sorry but the threads I posted are all less then half a year old.

maybe so but

If it messed up after the first mag thats quite defective. My team owns all ICS guns and we've never had any problems. Guess you just got a lemon. Just don't let it make you think all ICS guns suck.

as sledge has said loads of people own ICS MP5's ;) can't think why, might have something to do with them being so good :)

Be ironic if an ICS gun is suffering with this. Commonly a problem with CA guns.

:rolleyes: ICS FTW ;)

what you must remember is that most people dont post just to sya "hi my ICS MP5 is *fruitcage* mega".

unless people have problesm with their guns, they dont post.

THAT is why you see a few "broken gun" posts.

QFT, when was the last time you saw someone complaining about their gun working :unsure:

OH, never

Guy never came back to confirm what was wrong. Could still be a flat battery
Guy disassembles gun, puts it together wrong. This proves ICS is bad how?

Just thinking that maybe those two examples don't necessarily show problems with ICS. :)

Sure but do you think all who have a broken gun out of these 1000 go and post it on arniesairsoft?
There seem to be more people happy with their ICS MP5 than not. Kinda suggestive, innit?

:zorro:

It somehow seems that certain forum users get cash for saying ICS ownz ;)

I really don't care very much what other users order because as I said I'm the one who has to live with the gun afterwards, if I get a broken gun I'm owned. I can't repair it myself and would probably have to send it back to Hong Kong for lots of $$$.

I just heard too many bad things about ICS, especially on other forums (yes I know there's a conspiracy, all the other forums wanna flame ICS for no reason because they love Marui cuz it's.... Marui!)

But I'd better shut up now, I don't wanna get a bad reputaion for flaming ICS (teh favorite gun, of everyone :))

I'll restate my piece on the Comet Theory.

99.9 percent of the people you'll see posting about their guns on the forum have a problem with their guns. That's why they're posting on the bleeding forum - They're looking for help. Nobody makes a post saying "Gee whiz, guys, I've been running this gun for two years now and it hasn't given me a lick of trouble, just thought I'd let you know".

Duh?

Scanning the forum for posts about any particular gun is a miserable way to try to pass judgement on it. It's not a representative sample of people who own said gun, it's a representative sample of the people looking for help with whatever small percentage of problems are out there, and another chunk of people bellyaching about "It's an ICS gun, they suck, it must be a tappet plate" who may or may not own (or ever have owned) the gun in question. Look at all the people in this thread (and others) who have flat out said that their experience with ICS MP5's has been fine, pefect, outstanding, whatever.

Towards that end, I have a review of my A4 up on my site. Link's below:

Here.

I went though this same process a few months ago matey.

In the end I bought a 2nd hand TM MP5 and a 2nd hand ICS MP5 A2 to compare as i had heard good and bad things about both, but as any product can have lemons, i wanted to make my final choice based on personal experience.

After taking them both skirmishing and using both during the day i thought the ICS one was the better, so i got rid of the TM one. the ICS felt more solid and gave me a better overall impression, although in our team opinions are mixed and it really does seem to come down to personal experiences of individual weapons.

I've found the ICS REALLY reliable even though it's had what looks like a hard life and it's been real easy to replace or fix parts (cocking handle / rear sight) that were broken by previous owners.

One note: i didn't think and got the A2 model even though i'm left handed! :( so it does "chaf" a bit if i do decide to shot left handed without gloves on. But as the sling makes it lie in a right handed position anyway i find it no real issue to fire right handed.

I'll restate my piece on the Comet Theory.

99.9 percent of the people you'll see posting about their guns on the forum have a problem with their guns. That's why they're posting on the bleeding forum - They're looking for help. Nobody makes a post saying "Gee whiz, guys, I've been running this gun for two years now and it hasn't given me a lick of trouble, just thought I'd let you know".

I totally agree with you, but i compare the complaints about ICS MP5s with other branded MP5s like Marui and Classic Army, and it seems there are a lot more complaints about ICS then about Marui or even Classic Army.

Archived