Airsoft or Real?

oikoik

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one actually says they think that's an RS gun. The guy is just trying to find the RS stock, and someone else is pointing out where you can get it.

So, the reverse of this situation would be someone posting a pic of a real... XM177, say, and asking where they can get it. Then a bunch of AR15.com guys start a thread ragging us for not being able to tell it's not an airsoft gun.

:zorro:

If by that you mean "No one directly states that the picture is of an airsoft gun" then you are correct. But I still don't get the point of this. If I posted my XM177 pic, and asked where to get one, I wouldn't expect to have to add "This is a picture of a real XM177," just so another bunch of gun nerds wouldn't get their knickers in a twist.

:zorro:

like i said, i just posted for amusements sake - not pointing fingers or anything.

afaik, Troy gear has labels and etchings/details etc on their stuff - the airsoft stuff doesnt have that / cant have that.

on a side note, its also been noted that Troy cant get their stocks textured the way Star has it anymore because they fell out with their sub contractors.

yep, its true that no-ones saying its the real deal - but there are plenty of real deal pictures to get out there - and rather less of the [obvious] airsoft version.. - anyway, it sounds like theyve had a Troy thread on there before anyway.

anyone read the blackwater thread on there? very interesting!

Archived