US Navy digi

doc_newstead

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's offical. We are getting the blue digi camo. The offical message says that will be the standard working uniform, with woodland and desert digis for those units that need them, i.e. Seabees. Shore-duty sailors will get non-shine black suede boots, and ship-based will get regular shine black leather.

maccrage you saw the message? Hells yeah. So we are gonna wear MARPAT.....I am sure MA's will wear the Woodland MARPAT style digies...We need to urry up and emplement this. Did they give a time frame for the switch?

The message said that it will be Fall 2007. They have to build up supply. Then they will issue them at RTC, followed by getting them to the local NEX. The new service dress will be the khaki shirt with collar devices, black garrison cap, and black trousers. The E-7 and up khaki jacket is gone, as is the pull-over sweater and black working jacket, and the black windbreaker. We will be wearing the same black jacket that the khakis wear.

WTF?

Are you serious maccrage? Is this for regular NAVY?

No more "Johnny Cash"? No more "Dungarees"?

What next? No more "cracker jacks" for E-7 and below? Are they gonna phase out the dixie cup too?

(jeeze I never realized how much of a traditionalist I really am *yikes*)

All kidding aside, this kinda bothers me and I'm not sure why...

:blink:

Yup. No more Johnny Cash, no more Good Humor Man. Still have Cracker Jacks and dress Whites. Other than that, instead of working blues and summer whites, we will look like Marines, with black instead of green trousers.

Edit: We already got rid of dungarees a few years ago. We now have utilities. Looks kind of like the Coast Guard. But now those will be gone too.

Yup. No more Johnny Cash, no more Good Humor Man. Still have Cracker Jacks and dress Whites. Other than that, instead of working blues and summer whites, we will look like Marines, with black instead of green trousers.

Edit: We already got rid of dungarees a few years ago. We now have utilities. Looks kind of like the Coast Guard. But now those will be gone too.

Yup saw the message today, I am all sorts of excited...and I will not be wearing blue...I will be wearing Desert....I am going Brown Water...found out this morning. HOO-YA RIVERINE!!!!

Oh what? You want me to whip out those top secret mission pictures and post them all over the net? Im willing to bet that almost every picture you have seen of SEALs has been training missions, and not real world operations. Do you think are military is that stupid to deny one of the elite special operation teams from choosing the best camouflage? Seriously, think. SOCOM has a virtually unlimited budget, they can get anything they want.

Like JKT said, not even close to the US Cav models.

In your experience? Just what may that be?

Hmm... are we sure they are affiliated with the Navy? I dont know... maybe a quick Google search will clear this up:

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,1331..._101804,00.html

http://www.news.navy.mil/search/display.as...id=15565&page=1

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/001155.html

http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/articl...s_200410230.asp

Should I point out more?

JKT you are correct on all aspects.

Sure, the standard issue BDU's are the common uniform used in training etc. Does that mean it whats they are going to use all the time? No.

It's not considered MARPAT. The only thing it shares in common with MARPAT is that it is also a digital style. There is still no decision as to wether they will use the digital or woodland style. Will the Teams get them? Most likely for during training and other on base things. For real world missions? Hell no.

Also, if you notice there is two different cap styles being tested. The 8 point and the round top.

I dont know why I continue to defend this, maybe because 90% of people on the internet have no damn clue what they are talking about.

Most laughable post I've seen this year. Thanks for the grins.

I give up. I am all wrong, you are all gods and I know nothing. I should be ashamed of myself for ever thinking I know anything about SEALs.

What the hell do I know... I'm jut a DEP'er waiting to go to BUD/S.

Wait. DEP? As in "I'm a civvie?" As in not yet set foot in Great Lakes? I think you have a bit to go before you can claim to know the SEALs.

The message said that it will be Fall 2007. They have to build up supply. Then they will issue them at RTC, followed by getting them to the local NEX. The new service dress will be the khaki shirt with collar devices, black garrison cap, and black trousers. The E-7 and up khaki jacket is gone, as is the pull-over sweater and black working jacket, and the black windbreaker. We will be wearing the same black jacket that the khakis wear.

A QMC and a QM1 I work with were b****ing loudly about the uniforms the other day. None of us could figure out what the Navy was thinking. The SDK is Marine-lite and the faux camo is horrific. Man-overboard evolutions just got harder thanks to that person being strategically camoflaged for being lost at sea. If someone wants to take a pot-shot at you in a foreign port, you're the blue squiggles on the gray deck. Sweet.

Most laughable post I've seen this year.  Thanks for the grins.

Wait.  DEP?  As in "I'm a civvie?"  As in not yet set foot in Great Lakes?  I think you have a bit to go before you can claim to know the SEALs.

A QMC and a QM1 I work with were b****ing loudly about the uniforms the other day.  None of us could figure out what the Navy was thinking.  The SDK is Marine-lite and the faux camo is horrific.  Man-overboard evolutions just got harder thanks to that person being strategically camoflaged for being lost at sea.  If someone wants to take a pot-shot at you in a foreign port, you're the blue squiggles on the gray deck. Sweet.

And that is why I will be wearing Digital Desert or Woodland :D Thank god someone in the CNO's ofice was smart enough to think...hey...we have deployable units...that will see combat....blue is prolly not the best color for them.

And that is why I will be wearing Digital Desert or Woodland  :D Thank god someone in the CNO's ofice was smart enough to think...hey...we have deployable units...that will see combat....blue is prolly not the best color for them.

The Coast Guard ODU is just as bad. Sure, it's solid blue, but it also has a blouse that must be tucked in and really crummy cinches for the trousers.

Archived