PTW Owners

IBICO

Tit: Any news on the aimpoint x3 you where going to buy, Im so interested in hearing on how it works.

Lol first off, the nickname Tit will not get you any response from me, <_< heh

I haven't ordered the aimpoint 3x yet because of financial reasons (my ptw has made me pretty tapped out thus far), I will however be ordering it no later than the 15th of december or sooner, i.e payday. So if you can hold off 2-3 weeks I can give you a full breakdown of the 3x and it's functionality on my PTW (and use with the EOtech). Sound good?

IBICO, cool work around for the funky battery drain on the PTW 2nd gen guns.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Titleist: Sorry I just could help myself when I got the opertunity :P

I hope we can be friends anyway :D

Yes the whole ptw - reel steel thingie is geting pretty expensive

But as I sad already im interested in the function of the aimpoint magnifier and how it works with the eotech..

just a few more day untill I post pics of mine =D

Solo: Tnx for the answer.. I guess its ok to live it on "set" then as I do with my other guns..

The switch of is a really nice thing Ill think Ill will show it for my friend who also got one of the v2. Anyway how much does the v3 drain from the battery do you leave it in over the weekend untill you go to the next game or do you take it out of your guns?

Titleist: Sorry I just could help myself when I got the opertunity :P

I hope we can be friends anyway  :D

Yes the whole ptw - reel steel thingie is geting pretty expensive

But as I sad already im interested in the function of the aimpoint magnifier and how it works with the eotech..

Well I guess I can forgive you....maybe...lol

Hell yes it's getting 'spensive. I've just ordered my 7 extra mags and 2 extra batteries. Hopefully with my next two paychecks and christmas bonus I'll actually be adding money into my bank account rather than bleeding it dry, hahaha (sad depressed laugh).

But yeah by the middle of december I'll have one on order for sure. Just gotta buy my family some gifts as well. But I definately want to get the 3x with the Samson mount package as soon as I can. Definately looks good with my contractor theme, if I were going for a military look I would have gone Acog, i.e like that Solo guy over there.

I come to think of one thing. Systema says that any ras should be just bolt on. and as I can se the std kac ras works very good. But how is it with those free float ras that you have to deatach the barrel nut to mount.

e.i. the RS barrelnut have thumb threads instead of mm.

anyone that care to check what the systema PTW have..

or maybe know it already

Look what I found :-)

Product No.  SMA001 

Product Name  Systema SIGNATURE Bolt Action Rifle 

Description Coming Soon To Dentrinity

Specification 

Details 

Stock 

Price (US$)  0.00

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/photo/RFL/sysigactionrifle.jpg

Only $0..?

Well I'll have two of those then :P:lol:

... I wish :(

That Systema rifle is a pretty old project, not related with PTWs.

I don't think it was very successful either... ;)

:angry:

Had to friends over today.. they was shouting and pointing and wanted it :-).. To bad.. Would been a nice one if PTW made it.

Bolt action snipers here in Norway are allowed to have 550fps..

Anyway; So is it rs (inch) threads on the ptw barrelnut so it can except RS free float ras or is it some strange mm threads.

Savvus is using a hurricane replica wich I dont know have the rs threads or not since both as and rs barrelnuts can be attached to the hurricane metalbody.

Sav,

long time no see. Good to see you here ;)

Thanks Solo .... Was contemplating in selling the old girl, but I can't seem to bring myself to do it ... know what I mean?

As for the RAS etc, I am not sure of as or rs that fit the PTW body. Considering it's a 1:1 identical size of the real steel, I'm surprised that many airsoft parts actually DO fit! Maybe I'll strip her down tomorrow in the shop to see and let you know....

Sav.

So I was recently disapointed because I had been saving my pennys to Get a PTW and transform it into a Barret M468. See I set out on a project to build a gun verutally from scratch and it was going to be my primary squirmish gun for the next serveral years. So I was going to build it will all the best parts I could find. Then I began reading about the newer Version 3 PTW and how they had finally fixed many of the issues they were having, plus the easy upgradability with the new cylinders. Then I was hooked. I figured from reading many posts here and elsewhere that purchasing straight from Systema was the best way to do this. especially because I planned on spending a lot of money at once. See I would have to purchase:

M4A1 v3

M16 outerbarrel

M16 inner barrel

Upgrade cylinders

9 Extra Magazines for full load out

and 3 or 4 batteries for extended games( some often lasting the whole weekend with no sleep)

That is just the stuff from Systema.

So I send off an email and this is the response I get:

"Systema do not sell direct to civilians and unfortunately no U.S. skirmish dealers currently have the PTW in-stock. AirSplat.com and AirsoftArms.com were the only two companies that had actively imported/stocked the PTW for skirmish uses, however due to an internal re-structuring Systema has temporarily suspended all distribution to the U.S.A. skirmish market. Nonetheless, if you have a department letterhead requesting a quote (even for just one unit, call it "evaluation" or "demo" etc.) and the order is to be delivered to an authorized LE/military unit."

So I was a little disapointed and thought I was going to have to go back to the I dea of building a mauri based gun. (which would be much easier now that Systema make a complete Mech box - Systema Rox)

Too make a long story short last night I found out that my brother inlaw's Stepdad works for the Sheriff's Dept down here in San Diego. And Systema will start selling the "Challenge Kit" which is right up my ally because I love to put things together. Looks like it may be a Very Merry Christmas for me.

Looks like it may be a Very Merry Christmas for me.

Yes,

I remember you.

I really hope you get yours. It would be one of the most original PTWs seen to date (and, there are more Custom jobs on them PTWs in Japan, only we don't get to see them).

However, if you seem to have difficulties in getting it, do not despair and please, send me a PM.

You WILL get a new one ;)

Mate,

nope. Unless I read wrong, there's two different things being offered in this latest news.

One is metal bushings for Marui/Compatibles M4/M16s series, which - given to mold usage - is the last batch of Systema metal bushings to be made, and it's being offered as a last 300 pieces batch. This has NOTHING to do with the PTWs.

Then, we have the "Challenge Kit", which is the new, 3rd generation PTW sold in kit form for 88k Yen. This last offer has no unit sale limit ;)

EDIT: confirmed, my interpretation is correct  ;)

Ciao Solo :D

I wonder how chalenging the "Challenge Kit"is?

With your experience on the PTW, do you think a user level customer can handle all the assembling and tunning? I would think Systema do have QC testing on their products. What kind of things should a DIY customer look for to ensure the PTW is working as intended?

ladios: I would say if you can fix a std aeg mechbox the kit would be no problem. All the difficult parts should alredy be assembled, like the mechbox and barrel assembly.

The only thing that worries me is the lack of quality control of the finished product. but since the parts in the ptw are highly precise maybe it isnt a issue at all.

and a messege to everyone. The reel steel ambicatch works straight on.

So now I can relese the magazines from both sides of the gun. :D

this is especially useful to me since im a leftie :crazy:

So now I can relese the magazines from both sides of the gun.  :D

this is especially useful to me since im a leftie  :crazy:

Good to know, basically just for it keeps on adding verification to the statement that PTWs are compatible with real steel accessories. Not that I would be inclined to doubt the statement itself, but I could only try out a number of things and it is a pleasure to see other things working as well.

Ladios - mate - yours is a good question. Honestly, I do not know the answer yet.

That is, would the average airsofter be able to assemble the kit by his own, or is he risking to commit a crime even damaging some parts in the attempt to assemble the kit?

It needs to be said that I have no experience in disassembling mine, nor I have experience with regular AEGs (Marui/compatibles). The most I have gone with mine is to swap a cylinder or take down the rifle for basic maintenance (i.e., take the barrel out) or assemble the RAS on it.

All of these aforementioned things I have done and keep on doing regularly, are so trivial and easy that they do not allow me to call myself a PTW expert.

However, I was able to give a glimpse at the manual that will come with the "Challenge Kit" and its color photos.

For what I have seen/read so far, the manual is done very well. Leaves you no doubts about what to do, even showing in some cases the CW/CCW movements(i.e., there are arrows showing what movement of your hand you need to do with certain items) you will have to do in order to assemble certain parts. The photographs are "talking ones" and so is the text.

Also, contrary to most manuals I have seen for airsoft stuff, this one is well structured. There has been considerable effort in the rationale with which things to do are presented, and their order.

The manual is divded into steps, with checkpoints, and you are guided thru' them.

A list of the needed tools is presented (nothing too misterious about the tools, I may even post the list if anyone's interested?) so you are going to know what you need before you start assembling your kit.

One aspect that refers particularly to your question - Ladios - is the fact that seemingly, whether you are a skilled airsmith or not, it would make no huge difference. There doesn't seem to be any particular skill requested (PLEASE take my words carefully just yet, I'll study it more thoroughly to give my final verdict on this) to be able to assemble this rifle (since the gears - an aspect where an airsmith would have a lot to say) come to you pre-assembled, as well as other parts (handle motor).

It would be more on the side of your skill meant in terms of "How patient are you generally, how well can you use your hands" therefore reminding me of general human skills pertaining your lego projects or your model building projects in general. I also think this was plainly meant from the start by Systema, which keeps on adding to the esteem I have for the company.

Please feel free to keep on asking, I promise I will do my best to help you all out ;)

well I can add one more thing to the rs parts list

of course parts like buis and so on fits wich we have seen on solos guns.

I also but the magpul triggerguard on mine.

First I ordered one from the std hk airsoft shops wich DIDNT fit since it of course was made for airsoft recivers. But the RS counterpart just fittet stright on. Pictures on everything will come tonight or early tomorrow.

ladios: I would say if you can fix a std aeg mechbox the kit would be no problem. All the difficult parts should alredy be assembled, like the mechbox and barrel assembly.

The only thing that worries me is the lack of quality control of the finished product. but since the parts in the ptw are highly precise maybe it isnt a issue at all.

So now I can relese the magazines from both sides of the gun.  :D

this is especially useful to me since im a leftie  :crazy:

The reel steel ambicatch?? what is that.. and where to order. :-) (realsteel junkie)

IBICO: The ambicatch is a nice thing that makes it possible to release the magazines from both sides. Its very nice for me since i'm shoots from the leftside.

I got mine from www.adcofirearms.com but I have seen them on optactical aswell.

I tried it today and it really is cool.

Titleist: Damn why do you have to bet me to everything :) i'm talking about the tango down singlepoint mount and troy sling. I was just inches from ordering one of those aswell. But anyhow, Is it possible to fully collapse the ptw stock with the tangodown sling mount attached?

Titleist: Damn why do you have to bet me to everything :)  i'm talking about the tango down singlepoint mount and troy sling. I was just inches from ordering one of those aswell.  But anyhow, Is it possible to fully collapse the ptw stock with the tangodown sling mount attached?

Nyah nyah nyah nyah, :Zzz:

Yeah it's hard to beat the Titleist, hopefully aimpoint 3x sometime in the near future.

No sir, you will only be able to collapse to the second closest stock point. Doesn't bother me since I don't ever collapse the gun fully, and even so the 2nd closest is close enough.

Hope that helps.

Archived