I paid for a faulty gun!

anrm85

Hi everyone,

On Saturday I received a TM Beretta M92FS Tactical master from Xenlo at the price of £65 paid by cleared cheque. Once I had loaded, gassed and tested the gun it became apparent that only the first shot fired before the weapon discharged all of its gas reservoir! I reckon that this is due to a faulty shuttle valve...

I have tried contacting Xenlo, but there has been no reply. He seems like a decent guy and I hope that I don't have to take this matter any further.

Currently I feel that i'll have to fork out for a new gun and use the dud for parts!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi everyone,

On Saturday I received a TM Beretta M92FS Tactical master from Xenlo at the price of £65 paid by cleared cheque. Once I had loaded, gassed and tested the gun it became apparent that only the first shot fired before the weapon discharged all of its gas reservoir! I reckon that this is due to a faulty shuttle valve...

I have tried contacting Xenlo, but there has been no reply. He seems like a decent guy and I hope that I don't have to take this matter any further.

Currently I feel that i'll have to fork out for a new gun and use the dud for parts!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew

Sorry to hear about it mate, but have you used the tracking option on the pm so that you can see if he has read it. Also i have just looked and the last time he was active was on the 31st October.

Hi everyone,

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew

I had the same problem with my KWA glock 18c. It will fore the first shot but all of the gas would drain because the hammer wouldn't retract. If you field strip the gun and then look at the blowback chamber. My problem was that a screw holding the blowback chamber in place was loose. After I tightened it the problem was gone. I hope this will help you somewhat. And I'm really sorry to hear that people scam you like this and not even respond to your complaints. I had a similar problem when I ordered my gun used. It came and didn't work like it should, but the person who sold it to me was very supportive and at least had the dignity to help me out. It turns out the gun got rattled around during shipping, and a pin in the loading nozzle, which holds the rocket valve in place, was knocked loose.

These problems usually tend to be something very simple that nobody would really think of, or see unless they dug deep. My best wishes to you and I hope you get this resolved.

-TheLair

Hi everyone,

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew

I had the same problem with my KWA glock 18c. It will fore the first shot but all of the gas would drain because the hammer wouldn't retract. If you field strip the gun and then look at the blowback chamber. My problem was that a screw holding the blowback chamber in place was loose. After I tightened it the problem was gone. I hope this will help you somewhat. And I'm really sorry to hear that people scam you like this and not even respond to your complaints. I had a similar problem when I ordered my gun used. It came and didn't work like it should, but the person who sold it to me was very supportive and at least had the dignity to help me out. It turns out the gun got rattled around during shipping, and a pin in the loading nozzle, which holds the rocket valve in place, was knocked loose.

These problems usually tend to be something very simple that nobody would really think of, or see unless they dug deep. My best wishes to you and I hope you get this resolved.

-TheLair

Good news!

Xenlo got back to me and he was fairly supportive. He was unaware that the gun was faulty and so he gave me a partial refund and I get to keep the gun for parts or mags. I may eventually may be able to stip and repair the M92 but I have little experience with repairs and upgrades!

Thank you one-and-all for your considerate support.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i have a question: i paid 325 for a CA M24 with pretty much falls apart when cocked. when i bought the gun it seemed ok at first, but after about 20 rounds, it started acting funky. turns out that the spring is so strong it knocks the trigger system out of the gun and cant fire, and the threading inside of the gun is stripped, numerous screws have been replaced with the wrong screws, and i was uninformed that the gun had been through about 3 people before i bought it. the guy told me it was tough luck and that he too had been stiffed on deals but that he didnt have the money. the bad thing is i didnt buy it off of arnies, but shouldnt i be able to get my money back?

*Information given without either guarantees or liability for reliance by any party*

Hi Boomboomairsoft,

The law concerning international contracts of sale states that the contact is bound by law of the country in which the contract is accepted. For example, if you were offered a new gun from a website/shop in Hong Kong whilst on holiday in Germany, and you accept; the contract of sale would be bound by German law.

In your case i'm uncertain where the gun was bought from, shipped to or accepted. If it was offered and accepted in America then American statute would govern the sale.

If it was offered (sold from) the UK and accepted (bought) by yourself in America then the contract is still governed by US law. However, if you were in the UK when you accepted and agreed upon the offer, then it is protected by UK common law and statute.

Simply put, it depends where you where when you agreed to the sale.

Within the UK good must be 'fit for purpose as stated' - it would be a misrepresentation to sell you a gun either without stating that it is faulty or remaining silent as to whether the item is faulty when the vendor is aware of your intended use for the item.

I can help you a little if you were in the UK, but sadly I know little about US law.

There is bound to be some form of consumer protection and contract governance. If the US has an information body like the Citizens Advice Bureau in the UK, I suggest that you ask them first.

Good luck,

Andrew

*Information given without either guarantees or liability for reliance by any party*

Archived