Damaged Glock 23f from Blade3000

MikeG

On November 7th, I bought a KSC Glock 23f from Blade3000 (Craig Lassiter). Gun + 2 magazines + shipping came to $98. The gun was advertised as:

"...Thing is spotless, works perfect, no defects just a real nice well cared for G23F. This thing is near new..."

Original sale thread

I spoke to him through PMs and he reiterated:

"It is near new, no scratches..."

However, when I received the gun several days later I was very disappointed to find that there was a 3/4 inch long crack in the frame right behind the slide catch:

You can see this crack extends further within the frame:

The gun was also very very gritty internally. The slide action was raspy and the fire selector would barely move. It was like someone had poured sand into it. The gun was also jamming every three to four shots on full auto. I took several hours cleaning and oiling the gun and now the fire selector moves freely and I believe it is working better on full auto, however I am out of gas to test the gun.

There were also some rather severe dents in the top of the slide (plastic). This obviously doesn't agree with his statement "...no scratches...".

The crack in the frame has me very concerned about the long term reliability of the gun and I'm frustrated that I did not receive the gun in the condition it was advertised to be. I tried resolving this issue through PMs, however, Craig was unwilling to accept any responsibility for the problems with the gun. He claims that the pistol was not cracked when he shipped it. Either he was not aware of the crack, is lying or his packing materials did not serve their purpose. This whole situation is very disappointing since Craig seems to be a respected member of the community here.

Mike G

Exactly, I wish I had insisted on getting pictures of the gun first. I asked for them, but he said his camera was 'on the fritz' or somesuch. I figured since he seems to sell a lot on Arnie's he was probably an honest guy and I could trust his description. And I think Baka's right, this kind of stuff doesn't really show up in pictures unless you really try.

Here is just one of my responses to Mike, I have sent him others but this tells the tale from my perspective. One fill of green gas can crack a frame or slide and if you have been playing this sport for awhile you know this to be true. I asked him to return it to me twice now, I will not ask him again.

"When you put it into four seperate " problems " it sounds real bad.

In reading your message however one of your problems was that you had to clean a used gun ? Thats not a problem to most people.

The second "problem" is that you did not contract to purchase the rail I never said the gun had the rail and that was not posted for sale, so there is no "problem " there 2 down 2 to go.

Third, the gun was not jamming prior to leaving my possession, it fires now in semi and full auto but occassionaly sticks in full auto mode. Perhaps this occurred when you spent several hours cleaning a GBB. A proper cleaning would take no more than a half hour, if you spent several hours cleaning it in most cases " cleaning" a gun does more damge than not "cleaning " a gun. I would question if your cleaning is part of the problem. It is a used GBB they are finicky, what kind of gass and bbs are you using ?

4th it did not have a crack in the frame when it left me.

In any case if you would like to send it back I will be happy to look at it and ensure that it functions reliably in semi and full mode.

Thanks

Craig "

Very simply it is my position that there was no crack when the gun left me. I will be happy to ensure the gun works but I am not taking a beating on something that had no problems when it left me. If mike had a problem he should have immediately sent the gun back, not spent SEVERAL HOURS "cleaning" the item which now has a problem.

Thats really great advice if you never send it back then I never have to try and help you, at this point that works for me. Of course if I wanted to "keep the damn thing " I could have saved myself postage and never sent anything in the first place.

The voice of stupidity is ever present (sigh)

glock21

Well if you ever buy something online through Paypal Spend the Extra 1-2 Dollars to get Buyer Protection.

But becareful about sending it back, he might keep the damn thing.

Blade,

The reason I refuse to send it back to you is that I believe it is working mechanically now (no thanks to you) and since you deny any responsibility for the crack in the frame, it would be a complete waste of money and time for the both of us.

About the crack in the frame, I will state once again, because you seem to fail at reading:

It was cracked when I took it out of the box; before I fired it, before I took it apart to clean the sand out of it. If you don't believe me, ask FPBBrandon, since he was was present and inspected the gun when I took it out of the box. I believe his words were: "You got ****ed."

If you still want to insist that I'm lying and the crack was caused by me firing it, look at how the internals of a KSC glock work, you would see that there is no way a crack behind the slide release could be caused by blowback. It seems most likely that this crack was caused by somone setting something heavy on top of the pistol. Maybe you should ask the previous owner of the pistol if he ever did this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived