so whats up with Evike.com

Deadred1

Since I have a few Evike belivers here - can anybody give me feedback on their AIM M4A1?  They are selling it  for about $160 and  I'm  considering purchasing it.  Do I believe the 'review' they put up or is it a total load o crock?

POS. It's a AEG gearbox in a WELL M4 Springger body. Litteraly!

Thanks hivemind. Well, it appears I'll be ordering from either Shorty or Airsoft Atlanta. Evike's shipping appears to be about the same as those two, so I would be saving a few dollars, but you're right, it's not worth saving a few dollars to get unreliable shipping and absolutely no customer service, which would be a disaster if my gun turns out to be a lemon and I have to return it. Once again, thanks for steering me away from a potential problem.

-Stewie

Ok so now i have mixed feelings about ordering from Evikes. Most of you said they were good, cept for them not answering emails, but then some said to not order from them. What is the final conlusion here? Should i order anyway despite their poor email sending habits or should i find somewhere else? Cuz i really like thier prices and AEG package deals. :blink:

POS. It's a AEG gearbox in a WELL M4 Springger body. Litteraly!

I hate to ask obvious questions rapier - but i'm guessing you are speaking from personal experience and that you own the actual gun - if thats not the case thats still fine but I just want a perspective where your comment/experience was coming from.

Thanks!

Eh, my Glock arrived yesterday evening from Evike. Shipping took a horrendous amount of time (compared to other online shops), but it arrived as ordered.

Unfortunately, rather than simply stick a plastic tip on it, they've powdercoated the front half inch of the metal slide with bright orange paint. Between that, the non-answered emails, and the shipping slowness, I think I'll avoid Evike.com in the future.

I live a couple hours away and bought from their store several times. Shipping was always around 2-3 business days. Their email response can be slow, but you could always just call them. I've always got my orders and never had a problem.

It's always nice to be sponsored, though! :)

Well, ive looked around and i think i might purchase the ICS full stock m4. i like the spring release assist button and the split gearbox since it will be easier for me to repair and/or upgrade. TMs dont have metal bodies and CAs need to much mantinence for me. i shoot actual reel steel guns alot, so i dont want to have a plastic body, but i dont wanna have to baby my gun either. i dont have the money to spend on repairs and stuff all the time like other people. and im not saying im want to be able to throw my gun in mud and expect it to work or anything, i just dont wanna have to spend tons on repair.

CA's actually need less maintainence than ICS's do btw. :)

ICS's need to have the bushes replaced after about 10k rounds (made fo plastic)

and their hopups are dodgy, so the rubber (true, its is only a few bucks, but still) needs to be changed.

the latest CA guns need no changes whatsoever to be totally skirmishable for 100k+ rounds

Hi, um, I just registered here because I was looking for any reviews on Evike's Matrix-5 mp5a4/a5 deal. I found this thread and decided to ask, does anyone know if this is a good buy? For the past couple weeks I've been looking at the similar UTG mp5a4/a5, but I found this Evike deal and decided I might change my mind. It looks like a solid deal considering the 100 dollar price, and for so much stuff. They also say that it has an FPS around 280, which is higher than the UTG.

Also, I have some questions... It says that it comes with 3 clips. A hicap dual-mag, and 2 other clips. I've seen pictures of them on Booming Island. Does anyone know how many rounds they hold, and are they locap?

Any info on this gun would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I found a thread on this site (It was in an old looking forum format) and some people say that the people at Evike said to get the UTG instead of their Matrix5. Now I'm nervous :(

What do you think? I really need some feedback.

I ordered a silencer adapter from Evike two weeks ago, and it has yet to arrive at my house, which is less than 20 miles from their store. They never answer my repeated emails, and whenever I get a hold of them on the phone, they're very vague and rude, frankly, with their "well if you ordered it you'll get it" attitude. No timeline, no estimates, no offer to double check my order, nothing. The only thing I'm sure of is that the money has long left my bank account. I understand there are exceptions in everything, and perhaps this time it falls on me, but this whole thing is unsat and poor form.

I was really looking forward to buying from them b/c of their outstanding prices. You can get an ICS M4 WITH a charger, battery, and bbs for $290. Thats incredible, but now im having second thoughts b/c of customer service issues and shipping trouble you guys have had. Are there any other stores that have the same kind of prices with package deals that good? :blink:

Archived