Danish M84 camo bulk order

W.K.Shuridys

Would you consider joining in on this order?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider joining in on this order?

• That stuff is awesome! I'm down!
    • No thanks, I can't afford it.

As many of you know, http://www.tacgear.de produces some very fine, high-quality military clothing and gear. One of the options they list is Danish M84 camouflage. Of course, firmly believing this is the sexiest camo available I needed some, so I telephoned Gordon and asked how much to ship to Canada.

Imagine my disappointment when he told me they had no M84 material left and would require a minimum order of 300 pieces to justify the printing of a new roll.

Therefore, I turn to my fellow airsofters who are also in this predicament. I am willing to undertake the gargantuan task of fulfilling a group order to have that roll printed, and our beloved BDUs and webgear made.

However I need to know if there is sufficient interest in this. Initially Gordon told me the 300 minimum could be split between, say, 150 smocks and 150 pants, although I believe he can probably be persuaded to count things like a canteen pouch as an item. However unless we get close to 300 of them there is no point. I am good for a full set, including BDU shirt x 2, BDU pants x 2, LBV, multiple pouches, boonie hat, field cap, helmet cover, etc. I'd probably be good for about 20 pieces minimum.

Who else is in?

If necessary, I will cross-post this to other airsoft boards to increase interest. However since Arnie's seems to be the largest collection of worldwide airsofters I figured this would be the best place to start, as it would likely ensure the order is spread out around the world so you can still enjoy the uniqueness of your M84. :D

Some examples of Tacgear's work:

1.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

Great minds think alike! I pinged Gordon about this same issue yesterday. :D

I guess the problem for him is that the main market for Danish camo smocks and trousers is the Danish special forces - and they probably already have all that they need.

Anyways - this is a great idea. +1 for you.

Just one point - the web gear and the clothing are made from different types of material (cordura nylon vs. ripstop nyco). Would you/we be asking him to print a roll of the clothing fabric, or the webbing fabric, or both?

Yep, all the prices are on Tacgear's site in Euros. Compared with issue Danish clothing (which would bear Danish insignia and such, not necessarily desirable) which is very expensive and hard to find in good shape, these are extremely reasonable prices for top quality, brand new stuff. Certainly a good deal cheaper than flecktarn.co.uk!

I didn't realize that the web gear and clothing was printed on different materials. That's a bit discouraging. I think if sufficient interest is demonstrated on the internet, perhaps Gordon may consider printing a roll to keep stock without needing a minimum order? That way he'd at least have some remaining on hand for future orders, as I assume it's something of an oft-requested pattern.

Or, how about we look for someone to print it in a smaller quantity? Print it cheaper? I'm beginning to believe it would be prudent to recruit Gordon's assistance in this matter, since he's the expert.

Thanks for the +1!

Or, how about we look for someone to print it in a smaller quantity? Print it cheaper? I'm beginning to believe it would be prudent to recruit Gordon's assistance in this matter, since he's the expert.

I doubt you'll find anyone who could do it more reasonably than Gordon - at least in this lifetime / universe.

Other options are:

Arktis are licensed to do their smocks, trousers and web gear in Danish M84 camo (DANCAM) - but its all more expensive than TAC-GEAR

Mil-Tec do an unlicensed (and frankly lame) imitation of DANCAM in BDUs and M65 style jackets.

Iron Wolf Enterprises (www.ironwolfent.com) also have some stuff in DANCAM - Arktis and Wyvern webbing and packs, and some bits of clothing that look like authentic material but in a different cut.

INF-Wear.dk have some good bits and pieces too - like I just found these Combat Trousers (non-issue) on there for instance.

Kampbukser.jpg

There are also some Danish Army surplus stores that occassionally have issue clothing at more reasonable prices - but you should probably check with one of our Danish friends on here for recommendations.

I possibly would be interested if there only were specs and a price of the BDU set =/

If you're interested in the TAC-GEAR option - have a look on their website (KSK smocks and trousers).

The BDUs made by Mil-Tec are available from lots of sources - but they ain't worth a penny (IMHO).

Well, I don't consider smocks the same as BDU tops. I'm guessing the BDU Shirt "Next Generation" will be cheaper than the smock, at least I'm hoping so. They also do not currently have pictures/specs on the BDU Shirt or Pants, only Combat Smock and Combat Pants. Hopefully, if this group order takes place, we will be able to order the BDU sets.

Well, I don't consider smocks the same as BDU tops.  I'm guessing the BDU Shirt "Next Generation" will be cheaper than the smock, at least I'm hoping so.  They also do not currently have pictures/specs on the  BDU Shirt or Pants, only Combat Smock and Combat Pants.

Oh right - now I understand what you guys all meant by "BDUs". I think they might be RAID style, but I'm not sure.

I've asked Gordon if he can give me some info & photos to share.

I'm sure I'll hear from Gordon soon - he's usually pretty responsive. I've also pointed him towards this thread.

Meanwhile, Ive also done some price comparing on the INF-Wear.dk site - by the time the Danes add their 25% VAT, and the shipping charges, their trousers are only £2 cheaper than flecktarn.co.uk list price! :o So it looks like TAC-GEAR wold be the most reasonable option.

The next best option would the Arktis ripstop DANCAM stuff that you can buy from Anson Tactical:

Shirt_hot_climate.jpg

Shirt Hot Climate - 1030 Arktis

Price: £64.95

Combat_trousers.jpg

Combat Trouser - 1055 Arktis

Price: £64.95

windproof_smock.jpg

Basic Smock / Parka - 1010 Arktis

Price: £82.25

Okay - here's the reply I got from TAC-GEAR. Not the best news, but at least we know more about the score...

The first samples of next gen. shirt and smock will be in my hands in 8-10 weeks I hope! ;-) In the moment I can not speak about details, sorry!

We are working on the Danish theme! If we get an order of the Danish Army it would not be a problem to manufacture our clothing line in M84 camo. But the Army works very slowly. I do not know if or when we can start...

Regards

Gordon

Archived