Donut

Which gun?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which gun?

• TM M14 OD
    • TM M14 Wood
    • CA G36E
    • CA G36K

Arrg... I like the prospect of getting both stocks too, but I don't know if I can get the real wood.

I'll have to run it by my parents first... if they let me buy a wood stock later, I'll go for the OD. If not, then I'll just have to make due with the fake.

I gotta throw my vote in for the G36E or K - I have the E, and soon, will have the K.

But, I'm an HK fanboy...

Everytime I watch Black Hawk Down, I start to want an M14, but unless it was a SOPMOD, I wouldn't do it. I just prefer the look of a modern, hi-techy weapon, but that is pure personal preference.

Don't let yourself be talked into an M14 unless that is what you really want. It will be your gun, you will be the one who has to live with it - get what you really want, and not what's most popular on a forum.

(But I still think you should get the G36E ;) )

I don't know...

I kinda like the M14 and G36 equally... But I prefer TM over CA... Since I'd like to not having to open the gearbox, and CA's QC is just not as good...

Btw, anyone know where I could get a M14 scope mount? thanks.

EDIT:Arrrg, the MP7 is coming out?!?! this might have to be delayed a bit...

M14 = large battery, loads of cool stuff to play with (awesome fake bolt action :D ) generally excellently made all round. Mine is simply fantastic and I almost don't want to skirmish with it because its just so lovely.

CA G36 = small battery, nightmare batt swap fandango, prone to breaking ... ??? Mine self-destructed mid-burst on my mate last game as well, (and the foregrip broke off my AUG, and I had a hi-cap lost in a pond :rofl: ) but this may not be typical of the gun to be fair.

M14 is the better gun overall, IMHO.

Thanks, it's pretty much decided, the only issue might be that the gun might be too long...

I'm going to walk around with a meter stick with a ruler taped to it and see how easy/hard is it to handle...

EDIT: and I've got to decide OD or Wood...

Thanks, it's pretty much decided, the only issue might be that the gun might be too long...

I'm going to walk around with a meter stick with a ruler taped to it and see how easy/hard is it to handle...

EDIT: and I've got to decide OD or Wood...

Dosent matter either way, the gun is the same, if you dont like the wood, sand off the finish and spray paint it, thats what i did with mine

I thought there were a different screw setup for the OD stock and faux wood stock?

Mind clarifying? On the wood stock there are two screws below the bolt on both sides in the faux wood stock that would be wood pins in the real thing (holds the sides to gether i believe) The OD Dosent have this. The only difference between the guns is one has a fake wood pattern and the other is OD and has checkered grips.... everything else is 100% the same

There you go.  Those two screws being on the wood version and not on the OD would be something different.  Especially if it's used to take the stock apart.

Fraid not man, they do NOTHING for the gun, they are just little black plugs that would be on the REAL gun but no the airsoft version.

Archived