Tanaka Lugers

snowman

This is a comment on the news item on the news page concerning the Tanaka Lugers, notably the 8" HW.

Those are some of the best photos I have ever seen of a Tanaka Luger and the best of the new HW Artillery model. If only Parcelforce could have found mine this morning :( (Not their fault I just tried on the off chance :) )

However, there's a clear gun which is described as 'probably a prototype', but Tanaka have listed this model (or at least retailers have) for a number of years and it appears to be a production model (although strictly for people interested in the inner workings of airsoft pistols, I suspect!).

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is considering buying one of the new Tanaka HW Lugers can I offer some advice. DON'T!

Stop wasting your time considering and buy one NOW!!!!!

It is, without doubt, the BEST airsoft gun (bar none) I have ever owned.

Cheers.

Yep, review coming.

Good points are accuracy, power and sheer loveliness, combined with that fantastic (almost incredible) toggle blowback action! No signs of any leaks from the mags, either.

There's a standard length (4.5" barrel?) one as well as the Artillery.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

So far, green gas has shown no damage. The seals are fine and the wear is minimal. For some reason though, my toggle's lock back won't work properly when it cycles the last round. I'll try some 134a to see if that'll solve the problem.

A word of caution, when I took apart the magazine to check the condition of the seals and o-rings, the bottom o-ring seal started ripping because it would constantly try to expand into a hole for a pin in the side of the magazine. This caused a small rip in the o-ring, but has not affected sealing with the green gas. The O-ring seems to be very very weak material and rips easily, so be cautious if you ever take apart your magazine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived