Return of the AKP90M4G36SPAS-thing!

Sledge

Do you like this kinda thing?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this kinda thing?

• Strangely, yes
    • Sweet baby Jesus! My eyes!
    • Well, no, but, you know, whatever

Do the GoldenGun guys get points for naming guns as inaccurately as possible?

That M16 thingy is.. erm.. well built from ideas borrowed from about 5 different real guns, none of them could easily be recognised as an m16. While we're at it, what on earth is that Socom thing? Looks like an STi 5inch, but with a very Beretta looking trigger guard. Definately not anything Socom related that's for sure. Lets not forget the "free Beretta pistol".. otherwise known as a SIG. ;)

To be fair to the guys at GoldenGun, it's dirt cheap stuff that's just for fun. I've had several desk toy springers myself in the past and they provide hours of entertainment in a bored office.

The HFC ones look better, but might aswell go for a KWA or Marui model...

Are you talking springers? KWA don't do springers.

If you're talking GBB's, TM only do a Glock26 (the uber dinky one)

The HFC ones look pants, I can't believe you said they look better... The material used is crude, it's disgusting and it's cheap&nasty.

The pic TaQ showed isn't actually a gun...

Look a little closer.

Its an MP5A5, with an SA80 reciver placed on top of it, a spas 12 foregrip popped ontop of the receiver then theMP5 foregrip placed under that.

I'll ask Lionel but he hasn't been on MSN for weeks.

I always remember our old cameraman, Mascot bragging about going on holiday to somewhere like Spain or Turkey and coming back with a Colt King Cobra. Well as soon as i heard this, i knew i had to have a gander at it as it was one of the Gas revolvers that Marui had in their catalogue. Upon seeing the actual pistol, my excitement vanished like a sheep that's caught a whiff of foot and mouth disease...

It was a nasty looking S&W M4505 (or M4506 can't remember which) that when fired virtually fell to pieces.

Moral of this story? If anyone says they've bought a really fancy pistol/rifle/whatever from abroad, then chances are it cost about £2.50 off a car-boot.

Knackers...

G36C springer - nice model, light, same "bullet" mag, cheap but cocking handle feels as though it would snap off.

SIG SG550 - (M16 wannabe) Magazine breaks easily, barrel can snap off easily (I've seen it happen twice) rubbish power.

AUTO 9 - Big pistol, not bad power-wise.

P99 - I've had the HFC and KWC models and they weren't too bad. The HFC models sometimes come with a mock silencer.

AK-47 - BUY AT OWN RISK!!! Horrible, three-quarter size replicas that leak sand (from stock), go "KAPLONNNG" when they fire and look as though someone started doing a SPAS 12 model and got bored halfway through. Only good thing about 'em is that they break down into 4 parts. (And THAT IS the only good thing about them!)

It's amazing what you'll buy on a low budget...

Topic moderated to prevent further confusion on topic matter; as owner of GoldenGuns expressed concerns and felt that some comments made were to encourage our readers not to buy cheap guns.. which couldn't be farther from the truth.

I don't have to say it (as we all know this anyway), but for the record: We all know that springers are great fun, and whilst not costing a great deal have their place.

Several comments were made about some funny looking and weirdly named replicas. There's no problem about that as it's not discrimination, nor deflamatory, merely opinion.

Please remember in replies on any topic about someone else to keep posts fair to the person they relate to. Thanks guys.

Edit: Point of note, with the feedback left the guys at GoldenGun are now taking steps to accurately name the items that they sell, so a happy result all around. :)

As I started this, maybe I should chip in my 2p worth. I absolutely LOVE cheap springers. I especially love the slightly weird guns that turn up from time to time. My intention was not to discourage people from buying these. As soon as I have £30 spare, I fully intend to get one of the rifles I started this thread off with. No malice was intended when I started this, I was merely hoping to find others who worship at the altar of the bizarre gun.

Now, with that out of the way, what else ya got?

I like the Mossberg shotties (got all 3 variations now), just not too sure of the lovely silver shiny stuff on two of them. Sledge, buy a Tec-9 then you too can do Big Trouble in Little China impressions!!! Or buy a G36C springer and fool your friends!!! Or buy the springer S.T.A.R.S. Samurai Edge replica with laser aiming module!!! or you could...

(Knackers!!!)

OOh they do swords.....

*folds over laughing considering he paid 400 pounds for a functional katana from www.blades-uk.com and theyre selling REAL highlander swords for 50 nicker*

Thats a good way to get into the hobbies of collecting and skirmishing but its not a good way to sustain those hobbies.

my 2c.

Why are we moving onto swords now? Better get back on topic before a mod locks this..

I comtemplated mounting my M3 shorty onto the side rails of my P-90.... (taking off pistol grip makes the M3 look masterkey-ish..)

Just needed some kind of RIS thing to help mount the two together.. :rolleyes:

Archived