Will this do?

Jimmypie

Im still deciding on a set loadout at the mo so dont want to buy to much clothing, so after a root around in my wardrobe this is what i came up with for my first skirmish, its a woodland site so my question is, will this be ok?

If not i have 6 days to get it sorted, a TT dump pouch is on its way.

gallery_13376_679_18102.jpg

gallery_13376_679_39297.jpg

gallery_13376_679_35717.jpg

Its all really comfy , but are there any major essentials im forgetting?

Not at all - however, I suggest you buy yourself some army surplus 95's camoflauge gear pretty soon. It'll really help you to, well...camoflauge with the forest! Also - it's hard wearing, and it doesn't matter if it get's muddy or sodden. It's warm and comfy too!

If you don't know what loadout to get - you might want to get some anyway as it's normally really cheap.

Main thing - you forgot to put your goggles down. :P

CC

403 posts and youve never been skirmishing? wow and thats a very nice first gun !!! :D ps try a cruch protector lol

Beat me to it!!!

Still good luck on your first Skirmish, your lot more prepared than I was! :P

You seem to have everything you will need but as you play in summer games you will fund yourself shedding a lot of this stuff :P

Good old 'nam weekender at the fort, fighting in teeshirts it was so hot!

Thanks alot guys, heres a list of whats there,

CA cqb with 9xTM locaps

KSC USPC with 2xmags

Proud replica lightweight plate carrier,

I do have boots but there a lightweight desert type,

I'm only wearing a longsleeve tshirt underneath, the fleece is made by Caterpiller , really thick,i normally wear it to work so i know how it performs, the trousers are just M65 patt copys.

As i said before im still un decided on a set loadout, itll be mainly Brit kit i expect but im really pleasd with that plate carrier in the piccy, you cant see it but there is a fully insulated camel back in the rear pocket, i need some full fingered gloves ,any suggestions?

Also just how comfy are knee pads, i occassionaly wear them at work , and usally get the *albartroth* with em.

dont bother with knee pads in woodland... only usefull in urban... just more restrictive and things to snag... also you tend to run more in woodland... and go prone, so they just get in the way... wear one of the neopreene ones inside your trousers or over on the knee you go down on to keep it dry/ protected at most...

403 posts and youve never been skirmishing? wow and thats a very nice first gun !!! :D ps try a cruch protector lol

Thats not as rare as you might think. I recall several rather experianced members having not been skirmishing members. I hadn't been until I had about 800 posts, due to circumstance that made me more of a collector than a player. Even now I am still more of a collector.

However your loadout looks alright Jimmypie, it could do with some camouflage but you seem to have found some forest like colors so you won't stand out too much. Also as someone said you will need to invest ina water bottle (you can get them for around £3 at surplus stores.)

Just to clear things up, check the left shoulder ;):) , water is not an issue, as desolation said, ive made the transition from collecter to skirmisher, this has been a long time waiting and im pissing my pants with excitement :P ,evrything looks a little grey in the pic but its all a fair bit greener ,

DPM is on its way, but ive concentrated primarily on the tools of the trade first.

dont bother with knee pads in woodland... only usefull in urban... just more restrictive and things to snag... also you tend to run more in woodland... and go prone, so they just get in the way... wear one of the neopreene ones inside your trousers or over on the knee you go down on to keep it dry/ protected at most...

I always use kneepads in woodland. ;)

They're plastic kneepads that I wear over my trousers, they don't restrict my movement in the slightest, and they have never snagged on anything or got in the way, not while kneeling, going prone or crawling about in the mud. And have you ever tried kneeling on pine needles? Trust me, kneepads are useful.

To answer the original question: looks fine :) Have fun playing in it.

Archived