New to Airsooft, going to Hong Kong:)

Ubijza

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said, even on full hop there's very little effect. The shots are dropping, though nothing like a standard AEG with the hop off. At the distance where a standard AEG's BBs would be slowing right down, this is hitting hard with a loud 'thwack' when they hit.

I've got a hard (red) hop sleeve and bucking piece already...and my Sister-in-law is coming over here from HK in early May, so I'll probably be sending her a shopping list for some little bits and pieces...again ;):D

I'm also going back to HK next month, main highlight of the trip is to do shedloads of airsoft shopping!!! Booked at the Concourse hotel too, right in Mong Kok!! :D Mwuhaha!!

Docv400, did you have your guns in cargo, or hand luggage? If possible I wanted to take my (future) rifle via hand luggage, so that it doesn't get thrown about in a suitcase. But i'd imagined them being suspicious if i wanted to take the rifle into the cabins with me...

Another thing, how would customs normally guage the total cost of foreign goods you have brought back into the country - assuming you do not keep the invoices? They can't have a price list of every thing :P

I intend to spend about £400 - £500 worth on airsoft stuff you see! :D

they wont let you bring anything that looks like a firearm into the cabin, so you'll have to store it in your suitcase

they cant tell, but dont be unrealistic ;) they arent going to believe you if you have 4 pistols and 2 AEGS and you say that it only cost you 100 quid

The limit for value of goods is a measly £145 per person <_<:angry:

Best to declare it all like I did by going to the red channel and saying something like "I've got some toy guns that have been checked by the airport police in HK, do you need to check them at this end too?"

1, you've made the 'first move' which makes them less suspicious/questioning.

2, they're thinking "guns? who do I check with? What's the law say?" etc which takes their mind away from the value of it all. And when the police arrive they sort of take over and the customs guy is just observing,

I'm not saying they won't ask, so have a rough figure in your head, and strip down as many guns as you are able to.

Parts are worth less than complete guns...especially if they're out of their wrapping/packaging and/or were given to you by a mate in HK ;)

Don't take the p##s or be too greedy, and expect and budget to pay some duty.

I didn't have to pay any, the customs guy was so gobsmacked that it was legal to bring them in, he didn't 'dig too deep' on the total value :P

Anyhow Sirrith, as promised, some pics of my mate's AK...

post-10246-1145844907_thumb.jpgpost-10246-1145844936_thumb.jpgpost-10246-1145845045_thumb.jpg

He refuses to use the NVRS 'cos he thinks the scope mount won't take the weight.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to put it on my M14 for Town Assault II :D:P

He just likes the 'S' and doesn't want it to attract the attention a sniper rifle would. He wants it to look like nothing too special...then pick people off with it who think they're out of range :P

He hates the guys who put box mags on their MP5/M4/M16 etc and stand at the back of a game, out of range of most normal AEGs and spray BBs up into the air so they come down like hail on the opposition...don't we all <_<:angry:

I don't think I'd be alone in admitting I wouldn't take one of those BBs as a hit from those t##ts ;):waggle:

Sorry to take so long to reply jim' but Arnies has been off line so often recently... <_<

It's a Guarder kit, cost £40 in-store in Tokyo Model.

The Gun itself (TM AK47S) was £96 in S3.

Makes you weep what we pay over here doesn't it?

My TM M14 was £140 and my MP7 £104 :blink::P

More?

TM V3 gearbox £10

Prometheus 6.03 M14 barrel £24

I'll stop now...I hate to imagine you all sobbing into your keyboards ;)

Most stuff is even cheaper over the counter than on-line.

Archived