pistol problems

Handsome Pete

Hi there, i recently purchased my Sig pro 2009, the cosmetics etc all look great. however on firing it today, the slide wouldn't cycle all the way forward after each shot meaning i had to manually push it each time. I've lubed it etc but still it sticks. My assumption is either a poor recoil spring or sumfin else :huh: .

please help, doesnt have to be specific to this pistol. +1 to anyone who can fix it.

the rubber seals are not on the action they are in the mag i dont use it in the mag there i use silicon spray. also there are ALOT of non pertol based ones similar to silicone spray which dont gum up

its not an advntage it can screw the guns up if you use alot of it as you will get a silicone buildup. also if its gummed it slows the return down by a suprising ammount. then again each to there own sledge

I've never had silicone oil gum up :huh:

Anyway, what about the hop up rubber and bucking?, best bet is just to use nothing but silicone oil and grease :)

Also there is this thing called over lubing, don't do it and you won't have a problem with it :P

I have the same problem with my HFC Darkhawk.

Check all the slide for parts with wear - eg. rubbed of paint from rubbing on other parts, and lube those especially. Try and work out what is causing the wear, and maybe give it a bit of a sand and a file - but make sure you know what it's doing to start with, and give the gun a good vacuum to remove powder afterwards.

I think my darkhawk's magazine feed lips are too tight - as the gun always gets stuck with the pickup nozzle touching the BB. Alternatviely - the rcoil spring might be knackered, though it seems strong enough to me.

CC

Archived