Home made 203

powelly

HI there after seeing all the 203's on people's guns and how fun they looked i ventured into i haven’t-got-a-clue-Dom and decided to try and make my own. I started off by looking around at all the 203’s on the market and thinking of ways to do it. I had a good long look at the firing mechanisms and decided that the mad bull type would be the easiest.

The barrel.

To make the barrel I used some 55mm plastic pipe (not sure what type :s ) I then got a drawer slider and drilled two holes in the tube in the repetitive areas I then got two small bolts and bolted the launcher to the slider.

I then sprayed it gloss black I would have preferred matt but I didn’t have any and I noticed that most launchers are gloss anyway.

The firing mechanism.

I Built the firing mechanism by vaguely copying the mad bull design minus the cross bolt safety (maybe when I make another) I got a hole cutting drill bit and cut a circle out of a piece of 15mm ply board. The hole cutter bit is the most convenient because it also drills a hole in the centre, which I needed anyway and it saves you having to measure and drill the hole after.

I then cut the middle piece where the spring goes to push the firing pin part back ever time you push it.

Next I got a piece of steel rod and cut it to the right length then I got a small bolt and soldered that to the steel rod so when you push the rod the bolt is pushed against the spring, compressing it and when you let go, the bolt is pushed back by the spring so it is in its original position. I then glued the disc that we cut out before to the middle part making sure the hole’s were aligned properly.

Next I cut a smaller piece of wood out and drilled a hole in the middle. I then put this over the middle bit, at the back to stop the metal rod falling out.

Next I sprayed the back mechanism the same as the barrel

Then I fitted a 40mm pipe fitting into the outer barrel to use as the breach for the grenade to sit in .I had to use a type of sealant (see pics) to fix it in because it is smaller than the outer barrel.

Next I drilled a small deep hole in the top of the middle part of the firing mechanism to make it easier to screw it to the drawer slider.

I then put a screw through a pre made hole in the drawer slider and screwed it into the firing mechanism (If you are planning to do this then make sure the hole in the firing mechanism is central)

Next I bolted it to my foregrip (again if you are planning to do this then make sure you put these bolts in first it will be very hard to put them in after)

That is all (I think ) if there’s anything you would like to know then don’t hesitate to ask!

I have yet to test it but as soon as I do I will post the results. I have got to buy my grenade hopefully this weekend or failing that then next week hopefully **crosses fingers**

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

I have still gotta make a catch to keep the barrel closed and put some ribbing on the barrel to make it look better and less bare :P ok thanks Dan.

Thanks jammy_stuff for hosting all the pics and stuff :)

Sweet!

'Any ideas for your barrel latch? A tensioned spring should do you good. +1 for money-saving ingenuity.

:unsure: tenioned spring??

EDIT: does anyone know how far the breach opens on shop brought launchers? i have a feeling mine will be too small for the bigger nade :unsure: or the madbull rockets :P

I've got to hand it to you thats prety cool! :D My bro and myseld are thinking of buying an army surplus launcher of some type and converting that to fire airsoft nades and the like this has been an inspiration! +1 :D

Thanks again everyone. Im now building another launcher so i can get pics of inside of the firing mechanism. And im starting to make a shoulder launcher of some sort. maybe even try to make a milan or summat :D if i could build th stand then ill try it :D grenade shoul be here on monday :P

Oh god i just googled a image search on the milan and realised how hard it will be :unsure: im thinking i could find a kids periscope or something as the sight :D or make a periscope ... hmm gotta go to bed now anyways tis late....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz whoops sorry! if i cant sleeep then ill draw up some design ideas for some launchers :P

out....

Archived