M14 sniper rifle

curlyboy

Hello

I am getting a TM M14 but i want use it as a sniper rifle, the problem i have is the site i play at class this as an assault rifle unless it can be set to single shot then they can call it a sniper rifle, i want to upgrade the rifle so it fires in the 450 to 500 fps range but don't know how to permanetly set it to single shot or have in such a way i can disable the full auto setting ?

Has anyone else out there had this problem or know how to do the above.

Thanks for any help you can give.

curlyboy

As far as I know/last read this is highly illegal.

If an airsoft gun is or was full auto and fires over 1.35J then it is classed as a Section 5 firearm.

These sites that say you can use these guns after converting them to semi only are, I believe, talking sh*t and leaving themselves and you open to some serious jail time.

It does not matter if it is permantly set to semi it was formally a full auto gun - end of.

So don't risk it.

Hello

I am getting a TM M14 but i want use it as a sniper rifle, the problem i have is the site i play at class this as an assault rifle unless it can be set to single shot then they can call it a sniper rifle, i want to upgrade the rifle so it fires in the 450 to 500 fps range but don't know how to permanetly set it to single shot or have in such a way i can disable the full auto setting ?

Has anyone else out there had this problem or know how to do the above.

Thanks for any help you can give.

curlyboy

Yes. you could use periods in your sentances. You could modify it to make it fully auto only, and you seem very very loose on the term sniper. Courtosy of wiklipedia.

The term sniper is attested from 1824 in the sense of "sharpshooter". The verb to snipe originated in the 1770s among soldiers in British India in the sense of "to shoot from a hidden place", in allusion to snipe hunting, a game bird known for being difficult to sneak up on.

The term thus emphasizes field craft and skills of camouflage as well as marksmanship, and is typically used of infantry soldiers so skilled, specializing in killing selected enemies from concealment with a rifle at long distances.

In the last few decades the term 'sniper' has been used rather loosely, especially by media in association with police precision riflemen, those responsible for assassination, any shooting from all but the shortest range in war, and any criminal equipped with a rifle in a civil context.[citation needed] This has rather expanded the general understanding of the meaning of the term. It has also given the term 'sniper' distinctly pejorative connotations. This explains the increasing use of alternative terms, especially for police snipers such as "counter-sniper", "precision marksman", "tactical marksman", "sharpshooter" or "precision shooter".

Anyway why does it matter what you are classified as, if you still do the same thing. Today I got a bunch chicks from my school to sign a pettion to end womens suffrage. Does the fact that I used a diffrent word change what I did? They still signed a peice of paper to end womens voting. Maybe a bad comparrison. But use your rifle as you intend to, dont mess around with the internals so your title can be changed from rifleman to sniper...

Thats my two cents....

You're all idiots (except tommygunn ;) )and did not read his post carefully.

Please do so before going off on one.

He wants to mod his gun to semi only. He is not asking about how to upgrade the internals of his gun, he was merely mentioning what he wants it shooting at.

Some sites allow this and doing the MOD he is asking about is niether illegal or wrong.

In answer to your question, the fire selector will need to be modded, simplest being I reckon just removing the fire selector, other than that you can probably do some soldering/welding/glueing inside the gun to make sure the gearbox can never be made to fire on Auto again. I would suggest something more radical and disable auto permenantly so it covers your *albatross* legally.

I also plan on doing this to my m14 so I can raise the FPS under site rules.

Yes. you could use periods in your sentances. You could modify it to make it fully auto only, and you seem very very loose on the term sniper. Courtosy of wiklipedia.

Or you could stop being so pedantic and try and be helpful.  Also you may notice if you read his post at all that he DOES NOT want to modify it to fire fully auto only.  In fact precisely the opposite.

<Random pedantic ###### that has no place in this topic>

<Other ###### that shows he doesn't grasp the thread>

Erm... he's changing the fire mode because it will allow him to change his FPS and give him more range, playing into his roll of 'sniper'.

nah youre wrong there

if it was once full auto, that means it can be converted back and in the eyes of the law if its above 1.35 J tis illegal ;)

EDIT: to clarify, it is legal to convert it to semo only its the over 1.35J thing thats illegal

nah youre wrong there

if it was once full auto, that means it can be converted back and in the eyes of the law if  its above 1.35 J tis illegal  ;)

EDIT: to clarify, it is legal to convert it to semo only its the over 1.35J thing thats illegal

My bad, but still he's not actually asking how to mod over the limit, I didn't really mean you Tommygun I was mainly talking about the posts above yours, my apologies.

Seemingly illegal. If someone can show me otherwise, I'd be happy to reopen this.

<snipe>

Anyway why does it matter what you are classified as, if you still do the same thing. Today I got a bunch chicks from my school to sign a pettion to end womens suffrage. Does the fact that I used a diffrent word change what I did? They still signed a peice of paper to end womens voting. Maybe a bad comparrison. But use your rifle as you intend to, dont mess around with the frainternals so your title can be changed from rifleman to sniper...

Thats my two cents....

Airsoftdude, I'm honestly not sure how to say this nicely while still maintaining the same affect. This is the best I could come up with. Please, stfu. I could go off on how arrogant you sound while you babble on about what a sniper is, in your perception of English, all the while not once answering the question at hand, but I won't. So please, in future, read the question before you post and use spell check before you judge other's misuse of the English language.

Archived