gbb pistol ideas needed

urbandork

Ive been thinking about doing a pistol project. I want something thats gbb full auto not so plain and simple and fun to just play with.

2011 type full auto hi cap mag silencer no optix. (probably a W/A)

m93r, stock, silencer, otpix mount, aimpoint (probably a ksc).

This is what ive thought about so far.

any ideas are welcomed as are pix.

I think 2011 is used as a generic term for the plastic gripped, double stackers (The PO is really a fat framed 1911), but I believe it's an STi model number, in actual fact.

If you want full auto, I'd go with the M93R, but then I like Berettas :)

Cheers.

<USELESS TRIVIA>

The "2011" is actually a patent owned by Chip McCormick Corporation (manufacturers of slides and frames for Kimber, Charles Daly, Dan Wesson, Para-Ordnance and a whole lot of other 1911-style manufacturers).

Sandy Strayer and Virgil Tripp created it while still working at CMC before forming SVI, at which time it was simply known as the "CMC widebody".

Today, the "2011" refers to the modular widebody frame used by STI, SVI, SPS (apparently without legal rights) and SAM. All of the aforementioned companies have at one point or another stamped/rollmarked their frames with (more or less discreet) 2011-logos/markings.

Colt's Manufacturing Company owns the trademark "Colt 1991", so when someone refers to a pistol as a "1991" it is always a Colt.

</USELESS TRIVIA>

Cheers!

M.

I think 2011 is used as a generic term for the plastic gripped, double stackers (The PO is really a fat framed 1911), but I believe it's an STi model number, in actual fact.
wtf is a 2011?

a 2011 is a 1911 with a plastic/polymer mag well and triger gaurd and is a double stacker. Most of the SVI's are and or the marui hicapa.

lol i see now that more ppl on this forum now what a 2011 is then i thought lol. Ive been with this forum for some time now. 3 years? so yeah when i say a 2011 i mean a 2011 and not a 1911. Call me crazy but i like the grip and trig gaurd. Plus it looks a lil more agressive.

I like the look of the mk23 and infact that was to be one of my first gbb way back in the day. However i fell in love with the usp and the usp compact. Ive held a mk23 and i duno it doesnt fell quite at home with me. But i do love those phase 2 slides.

Thanks for all the input more suggestions are welcomed.

what vesion of the mk 23 did you use nmcabecadas was it the abs or heavy weight?

I have two, both are supposedly are Hard Kick version and the plastic slide/outer barrel was replaced with metal parts. As the plan was to replace these parts, this version was good enough and cheaper than the HW. If I got the HW, the heavier slide and barrel would be replaced and the gun become similar to these I have now.

Archived