Ghost Rider

Shao14

I swear i have seen that about half a year ago on the Apple site. then the film trailer disappeared and didn't hear anything about it for a while. I guess they have finally made it then.

edit: for crappy grammar

Ugh CGI, it's ruined so many good movies. The better the technology gets the worse it looks, or they use to much of it that it ruins the film.

And when will hollywood stop ruining good marvel comics <_<

However that bike looks sexy.

CGi did look utterly abysmal. I dont like CGi in movie, and I especially hate almost everything Hollywood has ever produced...but this could be quite good. Heres what I have observed:

Ghost Rider was supposed to be a young guy. Cage is about 60 (j/k) which doesnt fit the image. However...he is good at acting the super-cool unflappable hero (he's been stereotyped that way for years) and his almost total lack of acting ability might actually be his saving grace for this one...GR doesnt really have much personality. Id have gone for Clive Owen myself.

CGi may have looked horrid...but theres no other way to simulate Ghost Rider. Thats why Im glad that they havent done it till now...itd just have looked like The Punisher (the first one) and that was not good. Trying to simulate such a dark atmosphere without CGi would have been hard...and Id love to have met any actor who would have been willing to do a 30s scene with his head on fire for real.

The stunts look the usual Hollywood over-the-top junk...but for Ghost Rider they will probably get away with it. When they do it for so called realistic films (Mission Impossible series springs to mind) I just end up shouting at the screen things like "Thats <bleep> man! Hed have been pizza-fied trying to do that jump!" (which is what I said when I saw the Dodge Charger jump in N4S).

The bike looks awesome - totally true to the comic.

Theres no way on heaven, hell or earth a bike helmet visor would break like that (after the UH-60 jump at the start of the trailer).

Edit:

They should dig out The Sisters Of Mercy's version of the song Ghost Rider to be the title song.

Terrible CGI. If you look at the bit when he says "I'm the Ghost Rider" near the end of the International trailer, I swear you can see the flaming skull out of motion sync, as it were, with Nick Cage. He movees slightly, and the skull lags behind.

Terrible.

Archived