CA36 Series Firing Selector

Fuser

The title of this thread is like straight out of 60 Minutes or something :D

Anyways, I've heard some horror stories about the CA36, CA36K and CA36C's firing selectors. Owners, do they really fall off after use? And if so, is it easy to fix?

It is true, they're a bit finicky, but the "problem" is blown out of proportion, if you ask me.

Loosen the set screw, push them in nice and firm, and tighten the screw. Keep an eye on the screw, making sure it is tight, and you won't loose your selector. They don't feel as good as some guns, like the nice metal "schlict" of a metal M16 based gun, but with some care they're fine. For whatever reason, TMs are better in this regard, but still not super great.

Quite a few of my team mates and others have lost theirs, although it has only been because they haven't had the brain to tighten them. You can clearly feel when the selector is getting loose, and when it does so, tighten it up and you are clear for a long time. Oh, these guns have been TM, not CA if it means anything, the CA's are a copy after all.

Archived