CQB gun

Smith5

I suppose thi can go here as its something I know not much about.

I might be going to UA some time soon and read on their site that the fps limit for aegs is 300fps. My g36 is firing higher than that and I have no desire to start fiddling with the internals to put the stock tm spring back in.

Now I was going to buy a CA aug this month but a jolt of sensibility and a new found love for my M15 has put that plan on hold. Now I want a lower powered AEG for use in an urban CQB situation. Ive been looking at the mp5a5 and the mp5k.

I like the a5's sliding stock, as im forever folding my g36 stock because I can never make up my mind how I like it. I have used a solid-stock mp5 varient and liked it enough to not mind the mp5. But on the other hand I also like the ultra compactness of the k.

I have never played in a urban CQB environment before, only ever woodland. Can anyone give me their reccomendations on which of these two guns would be better to use all day as my primary at UA or any other urban environment?

Thanks

How about an MP5K PDW. It has both the folding stock, AND ultra compactness of the MP5k. Its the best of both worlds! And they are fantastic guns. Im going to go and buy another one, the moment I have cash, because I regret selling my first one every living day.. :(

Have you seen the G&G UMG? It is a great, compact gun. It too has the folding stock much like the G36k you mentioned. Here is a picture:

GNG-UMG-L.jpg

it comes with 4 rails for any accessories imaginable and can be fitted with a custom silencer. It is $280 at www.airsoftextreme.com and for $30 at AEX you can get a 530RD high-cap magazine. Just thought I would throw this little baby in there. I love mine. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I recommend the P90. I've been using it for 8 months almost every week at Electrowerkz. Full 300 rd hicap that is quiet ( no rattle for sneaking around) and no winding on until it's empty.

Some have problems with the Hi caps, but I have only had problems using poor quality bbs.

Its also comes with an effective silencer ( if that floats your boat!)

The Sledge Thread Summarizor (patent pending, all rights reserved, © ) offers this quick summary of the thread:

Post 1: "Can anyone tell me which they'd choose for CQB: the MP5 A5 or the MP5K? Thanks."

Post 2-4: "Have you considered the MP5K PDW? It offers the best of both guns, so could be exactly what you want."

Post 5: "Have you considered the far more expensive UMG?"

Post 7: "Get the G3 SAS. It's not really like what you want, but I wanted to post something."

Post 8: "Get the P90. It's nothing like what you asked about, but I've got one so it must rock."

Any chance of you guys answering the question? :)

:zorro:

Nice one sledge :D

I have seen the mp5pdw but never really considered it. The thing I dont like about the folding stock is that if I have 2 mags clipped together, I cant fold the stock (at least on the g36) if the spare mag is on the side that the stock folds. Im guessing this would be the case on the pdw too.

I dont like the G3, I dont like the p90 (far too stargate fanboy for me) and I'm not after a UMP.

Thanks for the help everyone. Ill go have a look at those 3 mp5's and see how they feel to me.

Any chance of you guys answering the question? :)

:zorro:

Given that the question was "whats better the Mp5 or MP5K" and the only slightly related post is:

If you want a decent CQB gun then either MP5A5 or A4 is good, the MP5k is also a good CQB gun.

I'd take that as a "no" sledge.

Anywho, it depends what you mean by "CQB" if its extream close range inside one building sortof stuff then the K will be at a slight advantage, but if its FIBUA across several buildings with a fair bit of space then the full size Mp5 will probably be a little betterdue to its (very)slightly better range and accurasy.

Although I like the STAR UMP and the G&G UMG, I'd go with the PDW. Nothing beats the MP5 feel. :huh:

EDIT: Now that I actually READ your question I'd say A5. I have an A4 (battery and stock different) and I love it. I reccomend getting a box of STAR mags to go with it. MP5 highcaps are no good. :waggle:

If you want a decent CQB gun then either MP5A5 or A4 is good, the MP5k is also a good CQB gun.

I have yet to see you make a post that contributes anything to whatever is being discussed.

Even in topics you yourself started.

Personally I'd get an MP5A5 with a flashlight grip. Can be almost as compact as the K, and I prefer the retractable stock to the PDW's folding one.

Ooo I personally think/recomend a CA MP5SD6 is good, very sexy looking gun with good performance and reasonable power, the sliding stock makes it nice and compact yet it could be full size if you need it + the suppressor muffles the shoots nicely for that stealthy effect :)

Archived