KSC Mac 11

Corkie121

i've found a stie, i've got most of the gear, and now i just need a gun.

i saw the KSC Mac 11 on Wolf and instantly liked it. the site says its great, as they always do, but before i consider buying it, i need the opinions of some proper airsoft players who have had experiance with the gun.

Any help would b great,

Thanks,

Corkie :D

Well it's alright. Personally I don't dig the looks, however...

There are a few problems with it, at least with the one I've used.

1 - It tends to jam quite a bit which puts you out of the action until you can fiddle with it.

2 - When it gets colder it becomes almost useless. I'm not talking about freezing temps either.

But these problems my have been specific to the one I used, not to the model in general.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

ok -

1 - Don't buy it from Wolf

2 - if you do buy one, make sure it is the KSC version (or whichever one comes with the magnesium bolt) because it will last longer

3 - Buy some silicon lube as well for it, your going to need it

4 - Its a fine choice, the rate of fire on it is insane :P

If its your first gas gun...dont bother.

They are awfully unreliable. Even with a magnesium bolt, I cant get mine to work most of the time.

They require lots of lubing and lots of cleaning. If you get a plastic bolt version, it WILL break and you will have to buy a magnesium one (WGC). It is hard to holster - the only known ways are the UTG M11 holster (and you have to take the stock off, making it prone to getting dirty inside) or the very awkward M11 shoulder sling. They dont work in cold weather due to the large size of teh gas reservoirs taking a long time to warm up. It fires from open bolt so the eject port is always open, exposing the internals to dirt. The gas feed ramp has the weakest known return spring in christendom. The magazine size WILL annoy you sooner or later. It fires too fast to be an effective suppression weapon.

And dont buy from Wolf. They charge too much, dont give a monkeys once the products leave the store and dont have any idea what theyre on about.

Trust me, first they sent me 2 Glock long mags by mistake, and then took 2 attempts and 2 1/2 months to get me one that worked because the valve was boogered.

I love my Mac to death, but it is a real pain in the neck to live with. It needs to be lubed to death and it's real picky about the ammo you feed it. It's the only gun I have that has its own ammo. It's not a practicle weapon as it has an insane rate of fire. However, since I'm a 'plinker' the rate of fire is a plus point. 'Grin factor 10 Mr Spock'!!

I have used two different ksc M11's. The first was bought some time ago and had lots of small problems that really made it not worth the money at all. The second was bought about a month ago and is quite obviously improved upon.

The newer one does shoot a bb out the top if you don't load the mag perfectly but other than that it is running great. All M11's need to be lubed very often or they will jam up. The stock is waaaay to short unless you're like 4 feet tall but it can be removed extremely easily. The thing I really like about these is that you can use them as a menacing sidearm, a main in CQB, or even a pistol during pistol games. This gun will fit into alot of different pistol holsters but that long mag will get in the way most of the time, luckily there are short mags available though.

As others have said, if this is your first GBB then I wouldn't recommend it. If not then go buy it because it is super fun!

Archived