Geneth WA2000 Sniper Rifle, worthy weapon/options?

ReN

I was thinking about buying a used Geneth WA2000 sniper rifle from someone I know, and hes offering it at a reasonable price. I know it does a little over 280fps, but can that be upgraded? I also heard there were only 300 ever made. Any truth to this? I would get it just for how cool it looks but also might want to use it in a combat scenario. Any input would be appreciated.

The Geneth is a horrible gun. Horribly overpriced, its essentially a dolled up APS2.

If you want a real WA2k, get the Asahi :)

Well I can get it for a reasonable price, money is a concern in this case. I cant find any online site that has or even sells the Asahi model let alone lists a price on it. How easy or hard would it be to upgrade the Geneth? If it is just a dolled up APS-2 it shouldnt be that hard. Gotta see what kinda price I can get on the thing unless I get some detailed info on the Asahi. Thanks.

Was Scaar the son of an oil magnate or something? He had an awful lot of paraphernalia for soembody that appeared to be be unemployed...

The WA2000 airsoft appears to, ironically, mirror the real-steel in every way. It is a gun that, like Antagon says, is very expensive, and you could easily buy a gun that does the same job for less. It would purely be a matter of collection, or personal prefence.

Now, if you have your heart set on owning a WA2000, then good for you. But don't expect that to make it a better gun. Antagon is just being pragmatic; why pay more for less? The real WA2000 sold badly, because, and I quote:

"...the WA-2000 was the very strong and accurate rifle, but unit price was too high and resulting sales were marginal, so it never entered full-scale production."

Life imitates art, eh?

As I understand it, it's all metal and wood.

If the innards ARE APS, you've got a huge variety of upgrade parts, but you'll be piling the £s on over and above what you pay.

Personally, I think it looks great and if I had the chance to buy one at a good price, I'd jump at it!

Cheers.

Antagon,

I see your point - Trouble is I need all my internal organs! :)

Cheers.

The Geneth is 1800USD on WGC, I've seen Asahi's go for less than that ;) Plus, no matter how high you upgrade the Geneth, it'll never come close to matching the 100yard effective range you get with an Asahi and LRB ;)

Anyone remember DumboRats (Alan's) project to get that working as an AEG?

Anyone remember if it failed or shone? Cos all I recall of what he was doing was that it was still in the un-assembled stage.

Anyone know that he has partaken in airsoft since his 'vanishing' early this year/late last year?

Well I would be getting it used ((mint condition)) from someone badly in need of cash, which makes it available at a reasonable price. Havent contacted him in a day or two so we shall see. I just like guns that look good, functionality is one thing, style is another. I got ((and like the spas-12)) for it's appearance. Dont get me wrong I take into account combat functionality and other factors into it, but I want wierd offbeat guns. Im not a fan of the m## series, I like to be different in that way.

If its a bad rifle, so what, it looks nice and would make a fine showpiece item for my collection.

Archived