ICS M4 Para Anniversary 2006

CLIP:

ICS, in celebration of their 20 year anniversary have forged, in secret, a master gun.  One gun to rule them all, one gun to find them, one gun to bring them all, and in the darkness lace the *beep* out them!

Here she is in all her glory:

Z1%20Weekender%202006%20040_thumb[1].jpg

First impressions review including all details, images of the trades and 2 movies of the features as well as all the usual banter:

http://www.outsidecontext.com/wordpress/20...niversary-2006/

Edited by Basho

I will post it up in the review database, but it doesn't get more traffic. It also has severe limitations on what you can do. Moreover, it takes me ages to convert my journal posts from HTML to bloody forum code. <_<and it has no preview!

Hense, I always post to my site (as I can link multiple forums to it and after all it is my site), then a short link to it in the main forums. Then finally, when I get time, I convert it to a Review Database post.

As for shots in the box; no. I would have to take all the stuff off it.

Just received mine (no. 127), with no manual either - would love to have a good look round the split gearbox, but don't dare without backup! Is there an online manual for this, or a *very* similar setup?

So how are you hiding the battery connectors when the bat. box is on the top (or are you mounting it side-on)? I've gone with black duct-tape so far, but it's a bit of a PITA.

Pre-ordered from zero1 - thought I'd be waiting for a month or more yet, but it turned up yesterday.. You can't fault the service!

I've put 1000 rounds through now, and had a fair few double/triple shots on semi too (all on my baby range) - I want to open it up, and see if anything can be done. Actually, I took the risk without the manual, and it really is very easy to get in there and dirty (well, greasy). I never had an AEG before, just a GBB pistol, so it's an adventure.

Only bits I haven't figured yet is removal of the RAS - the barrel needs a tighten (there's a bit of clockwise/anticlockwise roll, maybe 10 degrees), and I can't see how you'd do that without popping the RAS? Also, how much are you meant to tighten the spring in the hi-cap mags - you seem to be able to keep rolling the charge-wheel thingie on the bottom forever?

Oh yes, the battery box is very cheap and plasticky - that's got to go..

In-box shot - as requested:

post-27269-1157759178_thumb.jpg

How easy will it be to put a full stock on,what parts are needed?

Are the trades like in-dented in the metal,or just painted on?

What is the ROF,not downgraded?I need to know these please because

mine didnt come yet and I was thinking ,just get a CA SPC.

But this comes with so much!

Here is a manual for the older ones http://www.airsplat.com/airsoft-manuals.htm no manual sucks too.

Have used this weapon twice in skirmishes.

The front of the barrel needed tightening when it first came out of the box. Not a major hardship as there is a small slot at the top of the RAS right at the front. A quick nip with a allen key and it was sorted.

Setting up the rifle seemed simple enough and zeroing the red dot was also simple. I also had no manual and a quick email to ICS told me that the Para was a special item and that they did not make a manual, but any of their other M4 manuals would do as the main body is the same. They also attached a manual so if anyone wants a copy just pm me.

On my first skirmish all was fine the odd double feed on single but nothing to be concerned about. After 3 hi-caps on semi, I switched to auto and had some fun. After around 3 hours of play I noticed that my BB's were starting to veer of to the left and right. The 'Spray' was almost like paintballs. After the skirmish I phoned Zeroone who said that it could be a mis-fitted hop-up system. After some huffing and puffing from the techie guy, after I told him this was my first AEG and I did not know how to strip it, he finally talked me through it.

Inspection of the hop-up revealed nothing so I looked down the inner barrel. It was infact the inner barrel and it was peeling on the inside. The technician told me to rub it with some wire wool to sort out the problem. This was easy enough and the problem seem to be rectified.

After a skirmish yesterday and a noticable veering of rounds again after 3- 4 thousand rounds I went home and checked the inner barrel. It has again started to peel.

Has anyone else had a problem like this with other inner barrels?

I would also be interested to know what FPS other Para's are firing at as Mine was Chrono'd at an average of 276FPS while my friends (who has had no problems with his) fires at an average of 319FPS. (Both have been Downgraded to a 1J spring)

Edited by UK Dragunov

Had mine for few weeks and have skirmished it twice now.

I've downgraded it myself to a m100 (hurricane spring) and it's doing about 333fps with a high reading of 342. My mates is also a m100 (systema spring) was chrono'd at the weekend at a consistant 357fps.

The only thing ive noticed is that when the selector is set to semi it sometimes still goes on full auto, other than that Im very happy with it :D

• 3 weeks later...