Looking to buy a Coyote Brown vest

Pain_is_Red

I am in the market to buy a CB vest - and when I say CB, I mean coyote brown. Not coyote tan and not the "coyote brown" that a lot of companies are claiming the Phantom CIRAS to be (FYI - its actually Eagle's khaki). And so far I have come to look at two canidates.

Milspex's Maritime CIRAS and Proud's Maritime CIRAS.

I was wondering if there were anyone give me any accounts/picture of to their colour and how it compares to the REAL CB.

I am open to ideas, I'm not deadset on a CIRAS, if you have any links/pics of other CB gear I would love to see it. I will also give my eternal thanks and +1 to anyone who can post any pics of CB (Milspex's, Proud's, etc.) gear with multicam - something I have been trying to find forever <_<

I would go for a CB Eagle Plate Carrier with Cummerbund off of www.skdtac.com

But thats just me...

Yah that was one of my other choices, but real gear is by far a last resort, I really don't want to spend a fortune on gear when I don't get to play enough as it is. 165$ for the plate ain't really that bad, but you get the dryline for pouches, its a rip off. I just want something sexy and reliable but not have to pay gucci to get it.

PS - does anyone know if they make pop flare pouches in CB? Those seem to be the only things that fits UMP mags that I can find.

wouldnt go so far as say its a ripoff...the Eagle PC is top top notch

blackwater makes a large suppressor pouch that should work for ump mags

BHI makes pop flares in CB i think

Then why is it that Phantom makes the same pouches and charges much less? Same material, different name. Eagle wants 35$+ for an Admin pouch that is essentially a square pouch - it doesn't even have a flashlight pouch like BHI does (thats cheaper too). Now, I am in no way shape or for saying that they aren't made well, I have seen and held a real Eagle multicam rig and was in awe. They rock simple as that, but I think they charge more than they need to on pouches.

Loe you're right that BHI doesn't make CB, its "coyote tan".

trust me, good pouches are worth it. sure phantom and all them arent BAD...but they are no PPM, TAG, tactical tailor, eagle, CSM, etc...by far

edit---and im not saying eagle MLCS pouches arent overpriced. but if you can spend the extra 5-10 per pouch on one of the good brands, do it. its worth it

Here's the difference. You could drag a Eagle vest through a minefield and it probably wouldnt pop a thread loose, the same cant be said for knockoff gear.

And if eagle gear does come apart they replace it for free.

Minefield...ey? Ideas are brewing :D Also, how is Diamondback's CB? I am really thinking of going with the Eagle CMS-PC but I am curious to see how the colour fairs to mix and match.

Eagle is Eagle, Phantom is Phantom. You don't have a right to criticize Eagle gear until you actually compare it and use it. I used to have your mindset until someone convinced to pick up an Eagle PC w/ CB. Sure I coulda saved some money by resorting to repligear, but to this day I don't regret that purchase. In fact, it's the best purchase I've made in my Airsoft career lol. You just gotta put it through your dirt and you'll see why Eagle charged $35 for that Admin pouch.

Then again, I'm a geardo and this is airsoft. Good repligear like Phantom will serve all your needs. Most repligear brands though make terrible CB, either like Eagle MJK or an extremely dark shade of brown (ie Milspex). Good luck with it.

Eagle is Eagle, Phantom is Phantom.  You don't have a right to criticize Eagle gear until you actually compare it and use it.  I used to have your mindset until someone convinced to pick up an Eagle PC w/ CB.  Sure I coulda saved some money by resorting to repligear, but to this day I don't regret that purchase.  In fact, it's the best purchase I've made in my Airsoft career lol.  You just gotta put it through your dirt and you'll see why Eagle charged $35 for that Admin pouch.

Then again, I'm a geardo and this is airsoft.  Good repligear like Phantom will serve all your needs.  Most repligear brands though make terrible CB, either like Eagle MJK or an extremely dark shade of brown (ie Milspex).  Good luck with it.

I see your point, I wasn't making ill of Eagle I was just saying that there are plenty of other places to get pouches for less and most of them, from what I have heard, are very diehard made, probably not as good as Eagle but they will do the job. That is why I asked about Diamondback's pouches, they are priced at a steal, they come in CB and they look very well made. Eagle makes the CIRAS, end of point! So it is common sense that there pouches are just as good, but it IS airsoft, so if I am gonna get pouches I would rather pay less and have stuff that does the job than pay extra for stuff that is most likely gonna last longer than I will, especially considering that I don't have the luxury of playing all that often :(

Yea I can see your point there. Sorry if I sounded offensive. Eagle is always a great buy for your actual vest/plate carrier. As for pouches, plenty of brands offer plenty of top-notch quality, one being DBT. DBT's highly recommendable, buy with confidence from them, especially being America (Arizona) based. Other brands that offer good gear at somewhat more affordable prices can be Tactical Tailor, SDS, etc. Honestly though, I'd recommend lurking around and buying used high-end gear like Eagle, Paraclete, HSGI, etc. That's a great way to save a buck or two.

I'd steer from BHI, no longer an American company.

I just found this site the other day...

Initial Attack

They claim to have coyote brown pouches, they even have pop-flares, and their prices aren't too shabby either (on par with BHI).

I sent them an email asking them if they use real USMC coyote or if it is more like BHI tan, I shall hopefully find out soon, I'll let you gents know.

And stay away from so called Coyote Brown replicas. I own a MAP replica from Phantom in their Coyote Brown.

http://www.1337tactical.com/pro-show.asp?c...10&column_id=35

It's actually more a dark MJK than a real Coyote Brown. Compared it to MJK pouches and FSBE II Pack as well as to CSM dumper.

Though it's the "best" replica way to go IMHO compared to the Proud Coyote Brown (for example) that is way too dark.

Is it just me or Initial Attack is just copying all existing pouch designs with lower prices ?

Archived