.50 (.499) caliber M4?

[PARA]

there IS an airsoft conversion.

Yes I know there was one, thats where I saw the article. However, I can't find them on any retailer sites, so it's technically unavailable to me.

Razor works sell them, click conversion kits and scroll down a little.

Finally I made some sense it's .50 AE not the BMG... I was wondering if it was BMG caliber you couldn't shoot it unless it was straped to a hummer or an Abraams...

But I elieve it's colt that makes pistols in any caliber you like... imagine a pistol firing .50 BMG now that's a one lifetime shooting (your upper body would most likely detach from your legs cause the strenght of the impact :D )

Cheers...

I've got a magazine here with a big article about it. It's got a hell of a drop on the round, so it's really only for close-range work, and they seem to imply that it would be used by LE (someone mentioned US Coastguard use it too, not huge ranges there). The article is very technical, and explains why it was developed etc.

(I see most of what I've said has already been mentioned, but it's the only gun mag I have so I had to say something :P Friend got it for me in NYC).

Archived