SRC xm-8

richie_j

this might be the wrong place to post this, but what are SRCs like? i'd heard horrible things about their M4s

SRC's XM8 won't be the same as the AGM/BE ones... You can get the China ones for under 500HKD, whereas SRC will no doubt ask at LEAST 1200HKD, most likely more. Actually, more - cause they'll put at least a half-assed scope/reddot in there =)

SRC's usually have pretty good exteriors... with the AKs lots of metal and quite solid (though the RPK's foregrip was squeaky). So I'm sure this gun will feel sturdy. However I have heard complaints about the internals, so that might deserve some caution (though a little bit of an upgrade and it'd no doubt be fine).

On a side note, a dude at Wargames had the new AGM XM8 and it didn't feel as flimsy as some of the Chinese G36 releases... the grip was even rubberized =) If it wasn't for the asstastic no-scope and some *rumored* questionable hop system, it'd be worth a grab for that bargain-basement price =)

Al.

Sounds pretty good, the main question Im sure on most peoples minds is do they work with mags already on the market unlike BE

If they are a good weapon out of the box and are compatable with existing internals and especially mags then they may well have a buyer in me (seeming I have a G36 and a building stock pile of mags)

I need to upgrade their guns sometimes, the internals are OK actually, but the motor really sucks....(may be I have experienced the much more crappy things, so SRC is not a matter for me)

I heard their motor improved a lot on the gen2, but I have no exp on it yet.

I will upgrade it to a TM motor anyway if I have it.

More news released from Airsoft-News.eu

It comes with a Metal Hop-up chamber

Steel Gears

2 470rd hicaps

Flip Front and Rear sights

Ultra Hi-Torque Motor

And last but not least

The scope is a 3x adjustable aluminum Scope, which seems a little strong, but you can use it for kinda semi-sniping, and you can take off the scope and use the flip up sights.

Edit: Darn i've been beaten to it, but oh well.

i think there saying the sector gear is now steel. Thats the gear that used to strip in everyones gun( SRC's biggest flaw). Besides that gear, my src has been rockin for over a year now. Also SRC has been making some bigger steps in improving there products soI would deffinitly have to say the full gun with out new internals will be safe.

Archived