Little White Dots on Sights

Fuser

I used to know the answer to this question when I gave a damn about GBB's, but what are the white dots on the sights called? (as seen in the upper-right and lower-left pictures below)

WA297-DT.jpg

I just need to know their technical name so I can search for them.

Also, this could save me time, does anyone know where I could get some that are sticky? Maybe glow in the dark? Thanks.

I just remember reading something a while back about a type of these little white sights that you could stick on to the ironsights of a GBB (maybe something about the Marui 1911 because it doesn't have these white dot sights).

edit

+1 insentive to the first person to give me a link for a sticky version of these buggers, if it exists, that is :D

I just remember reading something a while back about a type of these little white sights that you could stick on to the ironsights of a GBB (maybe something about the Marui 1911 because it doesn't have these white dot sights).

edit

+1 insentive to the first person to give me a link for a sticky version of these buggers, if it exists, that is  :D

Aren't they painted on, or replaced with tritium-insert sights? I can't imagine a sticker will last that long...

Aren't they painted on, or replaced with tritium-insert sights? I can't imagine a sticker will last that long...

Hmm...maybe I misread whatever I'm thinking of. Are you saying that the only way to do this is to paint them on? Does someone sell special paint for that? Maybe I'll just use whiteout and a steady hand....

Any white paint will do as long as its not a watercolour.

I use Games Workshop/Citadel skull white paint and a fine detail brush to do mine because I have them laying around from when I used to paint miniatures.

WTF you talking about tritium for, in an open sight (IE no glass) your eyes would melt!!!!

a friend of mine had luminus paint to do the job, till he spilled it on the floor, nice patch of green in the darkness whenever you walk by his garden

some open sights use trace amounts of tritium in the sights so they glow in the dark. The tritium is contained in tiny glass vials or something (some junk about it here: http://www.gunblast.com/ShotsintheDark.htm )

Oh and IIRC those sights pictured up top are NOVAK sights - but that doesn't relate to them being 3 white dots.

...Yeah replicating the 3 dots on a pistol: the best way is to paint them in. However if you're brave enough and have the tools it's a good idea to drill a small 1mm deep hole and fill the hole with paint that way the paint wont get scratched off ;) Oh yeah you need an uber small drill bit and a modellers HAND drill.

WTF you talking about tritium for, in an open sight (IE no glass) your eyes would melt!!!!

Zat so?

TBH, I have no idea of the properties of Tritium. Maybe it does fry eyeballs when it's not behind glass. I guess that means they fit a tiny piece of glass over the end of the tiny sliver of tritium. Maybe that explains the expense.

FWIW, they sell a few tritium based lights HERE.

You can see that the tritium source is actually tiny.

The tritium inserts fitted into open sights are tiny tubes about the diameter of a match-stalk.

If you want the tritium look on your GBB I'd suggest you use a dremel to drill tiny blind holes, just 1mm or so deep, in your sight posts then fill them in with luminous paint. You can then wipe off any surplus and are left with a neat circle of paint.

Because the paint is filling a hole, it's protected and will never wear off.

Archived