please, for the love of your intelligent forum readers....please make the search button bigger and more up-front. i as well as like 75% of the people on this forum enjoy reading informative topics, not reading the other 25%'s posts about "is this pistol right for me?" or "can i do [stupid, unethical upgrade] to a [cheap gun]?" or "can i make a Super 9 shoot 700 fps and beat out an APS2 for under $10?" or "can i make a shotgun shoot accurate up to 100 yards?" or "whats a good site to buy a [insanely popular gun]?" or "between [stupid gun] and [other stupid gun] what should i get?" i could go on for pages...

i know i've made some kinda stupid topics but at least i searched before i posted about it!

please arnie, think of the children, think of them getting flamed....to death....do the right thing and make the search button bigger :nosleep:

:geek::rocket:

if i could move the little geeky guy into the explosions, itd explain clearly how i feel about the people who post these things lol

i was thinking, enlarge it 2-3 times, make it a flourescent green with a black outline and put it right next to the "New Topic" button. whaddya think? ^_^

arnie, if you do this, you'll be my hero! :superman: the sad thing is.....im not joking lol

Edited by GaMeFrEAK1018

I agree with this. Check out http://airsoftohio.com/ their search button blinks in 2 colors that arent found normally on the site!

If we could make our button blink and change size to grow more and more... and maybe slap you in the face when you mouse over the "New Topic" button, that would be great.

It is getting daft. The amount of people that ask what AEG to get as their first gun are astounding. That and 'is the VSR any good'. The amount of times that I have replied to them explaining that yes, the VSR is good and that if you want a newbie AEG then go for an AUG or a Famas is getting somewhat tiresome. Now I just tell them to search and flame them. :flamed:

I know we were all newbies once, but I never dumbass topics if they were already covered in another topic.

Please, warn people who blatently ignore the pinned threads.

It is getting daft.  The amount of people that ask what AEG to get as their first gun are astounding.  That and 'is the VSR any good'.  The amount of times that I have replied to them explaining that yes, the VSR is good and that if you want a newbie AEG then go for an AUG or a Famas is getting somewhat tiresome.  Now I just tell them to search and flame them.  :flamed:

I know we were all newbies once, but I never dumbass topics if they were already covered in another topic.

Please, warn people who blatently ignore the pinned threads.

well they are people out ther who need help and this is ther only way to get it so if ya dont like the posts dont read them!

Tenacious D Rocks :headbutt:

Edited by Tenacious Dean

Making the search button bigger isn't going to help. There are Soooooo many threads at the moment where our users have pointed out this useful little feature, yet the cretins still seem to miss it. They don't WANT to search, and even if they did, could they use it properly?

If someone blatently doesn't search, inform them of this nicely and then hit the "Report" button. The thread will be closed and the fighting will stop.

Many thanks. ;)

There's nothing like spamming the forum in the wrong place to try to get my attention. ;)

Remember it's a weekend.. think of my poor fingers, my lack of free time and my poor feeble overworked brain.

Like R22 said, the "use the search button" problem is a common issue on all forums around the world. Humans are generally lasy creatures that's why the "drive thru" was invented. I mean how much harder is it to park a car get your butt out the seat and walk to get your donut and coffee? Simple the answer is yes it's easy, but something easier is always more used. C'est la vie ;)

There's nothing like spamming the forum in the wrong place to try to get my attention. ;)

ya, i figured you probably wouldnt see it as fast/at all in other area or something ;)

i still like my idea tho :) make it a neon/flourescent green with a black outline englarged like 2-3 times next to the New Topic button. or better yet, have a little animation that where you rest over New Topic it switches with the search button :P

well they are people out ther who need help and this is ther only way to get it so if ya dont like the posts dont read them!

i'm going to verbally hurt you now....lol

how can we NOT read them, if the "smarter" people didnt read them, theyd go unanswered and unflamed and itd be n00bs leaving pointless, hypothetical posts like 10 of them saying "ya that sounds cool, cant wait for a reply" or "i dont see why you couldnt mount an M203 on the rail in an MK23, thatd be like ub3r l337n3$$!!11"

Edited by GaMeFrEAK1018
Also, how many times have you seen someone start posting in their thread after about 10 mins just 'cos no one's answered yet? Or they've posted the same question in every forum area? If someone doesn't jump in and say something, the forum just gets flooded with ****.

gah! i cant STAND that! like they expect us to just rush over and answer them ASAP like theyre freakin royalty.

agree with the mods here... there're always something to be done to make us lazier but it's good as it is assuming people use search.

and as for the newbies (lets face it, everyone was one at some point) they gotta learn, maybe the hard way sometimes with mods giving them a great big slap round the face. the search button may seem like it's hiding if you're new to the forum but it's always there...

guess arnie's right about us being so lazy. but lets flame the non-searching newbies anyway :P