m14

Handsome Pete

Was gaming with it yesterday for the first time. And i was surprised at how awesome it was. However, i encountered problem when reloading, id put the mag in but it wouldn't lock, so i took it out (as i did 5 or so bb's drop out) put it in again. Still didn't lock, took it out, bbs fell out again etc. This happened 5 times before it finally locked into place. Is it just me or is there a problem with the gun...?

Mmmm... That happened to my TM Ak-Beta once. But after looking at it for a while I saw that the section in which you place the magazine there is like a straight line, maybe a centimer or so. But that's where the magazine locks into. I had a bb caught in it. So I took a chop stick and plucked it out. I don't know about the M14, whether or not it has that same lock in part.

Gary B.

It also happened to me with the M14. make sure that the roll-pin-ish thing that keeps your mag release in place is seated properly. Mine was just off a hiar, and just puttin it back in its place with some oil made it better than new.

Jup, that´s it. It´s a standard problem with all TM M14s...so far the only one. Any 10 to 15 mag changes the pin of the magcatches is out of place ;) But it´s easy to fix, also in field without tools.

To fix it, just release the trigger guard (as if you were dismantling the upper assembly from the stock) and look at the pin that the mag retainer pivots on. It'll be out of place slightly to one side. Just refit it so it's engaged in the holes either side. A spot of loctite will hold it more securely, or a dab of silicone sealant at each end.

Archived