ASR

AvrilH8er13

They have a tiny server in the middle of nowhere and are getting hacked constantly.

Atleast thats the only reason they could be so fskn slow all the time. And they are full of wanna be airsmiths and pro9 upgrading toads. Their reviews arent that great.

They need to upgrade their server and the look of their site. its been the same for 3+ years?

Occasionally ASR has it's uses (people always are showing off budget guns, which are good for laughs, and there is a surprisingly useful amount of information about various replacement options that aren't airsoft/RS specific, like screw dimensions and such).

Overall, though, ASR can die and there wouldn't be too much trauma.

Attention above bitchers of ASR...

It is a pity when ANY! airsoft information site is down.. especially if it is down for good.

Can you recall the good information from this very site.. the 'classic' forums?

The information that was lost when ASP got hacked..

The domain-taking that happend with the now lamentedly lost AirsoftZone?

The hacking of airsoftohio that the site unfortunately seems to not have recovered from?

Differnt sites have different 'habitators' (is that such a werd? :P) and they inturn have their own sets of information.

I also agree with the 3 above me...I'm a faithful Arnie "habitator" but that doesn't mean I don't get some other exclusive information on some other sites. We're lucky to have choices of sites to go to...don't see any point in knocking any of it...whether you like it or not...go knock paintball sites instead....:)

Its not down for good.It did this like a week ago.

ASR is my airsoft home and always will be.Arnies is okay but stuck up snobs like antagon that dont help anyone when they have a good q drove me away.Asr is a great place, no flaming, no "you such a n00b you *****!"

Arnies does have its advantages, i love its news section.Its always being updated unlike other places.

ASR should be back up soon,hopefully.

No airsofter should ever not care, or be happy that other airsoft information centers have gone down.

SHAME ON YOU!

-dusk-

I've just had a chat to Aaron (aka Snicker) over at Airsoft Retreat about their site downtime, as lots of people have been asking me what's up and I didn't have a clue.

The latest is thus.. their server died on Thursday, and the IT fellow that deals with the server locally was meant to reset it on Friday but is now out of town. Basically their hardware can't keep up anymore, so they are currently building a new server and hope to have things back online sometime today (fingers crossed).

Just stuck the above on the front page. Had a chat with Aaron, and their hardware has done a bunk and decided it wants more in life.

..they are desperately working on a new hardware set at the moment, and all rather stressed about it as all their email etc is down at the moment.

As for other websites being down, it is a shame to see any Airsoft site down (true there's a couple I wouldn't loose any sleep over myself but those are personal opinions and I keep them to myself). Personally I don't believe in anything more than friendly rivalry between Airsoft sites, as theres so much to go around these days there's simply no need for it. Server trouble will befall all sites at some point; downtime depends as to how prepared you are for it to happen.

Archived