more bioxk problems

cheesem

Hey guys, I am truly sorry to have to report this but I think I'm being ripped off by the member 'bioxk' much like montymat was not so long ago. My situation is suspiciously similar. I attempted to buy an M16 with a load of gear for a suspiciously low price about a month ago. Between then and now, bioxk managed to get his email address wrong twice, and when the money was finally processed through paypal, he disappeared and has not been online for nearly two weeks. I have not heard any kind of contact whatsoever about the item being posted and having read montymat's post I am having serious doubts that I ever will. I have been in contact with montymat and tars, both of whom suggested that I put up a post on this forum. If anyone has any advice on how to deal with this situation or who knows bioxk personally, please add to this post or PM me. Cheers, cheesem.

As above. Go to the police, Citizen Advice and local court to get small claims forms and go at him with all guns blazing. No mercy on this, do not cave in.

I don't know if you are a minor but if you are take a parent to enable the process.

Make sure you have print outs/copies of all email, pm, letters etc to allow the police/courts to have a look at if necessary.

The Police may be a bit iffy about it because they may see it is a civil case. If they say this then tell them it is obtaining goods by deception and is a criminal act and they better act on it.

Get all the info together and map out a timeline of events, like you are supposed to do with noisy neighbours and all that, and present with hard copies of above info.

Lastly, have you had any contact with the twat because it is usually obligatory to give the other party 7 days notice prior to legal action. Essentially you write a letter and say that if I do not receive any correspondence, resolution after 7 days then I will kick your *albatross*(legally).

Take this f##k to the courts and get him wrung out.

Ok thanks for the advice but I'd rather not contact the police unless it's a last resort as I've never had to before for anything. Is there any possibility of getting a refund over paypal? Also, which friend got a refund for montymat when bioxk did this to him?

soryr mate but i know you dont want the hassel of contacting the cops. i understand everone thinks they are making a fuss BUT at the end of the day your in teh right.

dont just do it for yourself. do it for every other person who has been screwed around and also for bioxx himself. he needs a good slap and this is the best way to do it.

ill accept wanting to go down the gentle route as well but the longer it takes for you to contact the cpolice the longer it takes for them to act.

O.K, shall I warn bioxk first to show him I'm serious?

soryr mate but i know you dont want the hassel of contacting the cops.  i understand everone thinks they are making a fuss BUT at the end of the day your in teh right. 

dont just do it for yourself.  do it for every other person who has been screwed around and also for bioxx himself.  he needs a good slap and this is the best way to do it.

ill accept wanting to go down the gentle route as well but the longer it takes for you to contact the cpolice the longer it takes for them to act.

If you have not already told him of impending action then officially do so. Tell him he has one week to resolve the issue to your complete satisfaction or you will take legal action.

In the meantime go to the county court, or wherever you obtain claim papers, and get them prepared for one weeks time.

Quite frankly I'd go straight for him now unless the court or whoever told me I would be unable to act so quickly.

If it is beyond 30 days you will be out of luck. As far as I remember that is Paypal's claim period.

Have you even looked at the Paypal site or done any research?

How old are you incidentally?

EDIT:

Right, your under 16.

Have you even told your parents?

If not get them involved straight away. You'll get some sh#t for five minutes but at least they'll be able to help you out and get things going which as a minor you will not.

ok guys, bioxks emailed me back claiming computer troubles so I think I'll give him a bit more time. The maximum time allowed for claims on paypal is 45 days and I haven't even used up a quarter of that time yet. As for my parents, my Dad knows about me getting the gun so I shouldn't have too much trouble if this situation escalates. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep you guys posted on events as they unfold. One thing though, how much time should I allow for the gun to arrive?

Oh and I'm 16 in less than 26 days so if this carries on until then, things might become a bit easier (though I'm not counting on it!).

ok well seeing as iv got 45 days on paypal (11 of which have gone) I'll give him two weeks for the gun to actually arrive and a week to get a tracking number sorted, starting when he says he's posted it which should be tomorrow. After that I will alert paypal and leave it to them. I won't give him anymore time than that but I still want to get this gun if it actually exists. I just can't see why he'd want to get into contact with me if he was scamming me. Thanks very much for the advice everyone, I'll keep you informed.

Well its now past 11 and he still has not said if he's posted it or not. I think I'll go with what sirrith said and give him one more day. If I don't get an answer or if he claims he has not managed to post it somehow, I will ask for a refund. Thanks for all your advice so far guys, it's been really helpful.

Hmmmm. I don't think service charges will be that big and seeing as it's £100 I can't really see all of that being used up just by service charges. I'm giving him until the end of today to send me some kind of message saying whether or not he's posted it. If he hasn't or doesn't reply, I'm going to inform paypal. If he doesn't respond to that, they can then take it from him. Thanks again for all your advice.

chances are paypal wont get your money back

he would've removed the money from his account by now, thus having no funds for paypal to give to you,

Best bet is to inform police, get the address from monty, hand it over to the police, fill out forms to take him to court,

the forms are usally enough for him to cough up the money (also add legal fees on top for taking him to court) (£30 to take someone to small claims iirc)

Archived